DSL issues

Eso

Veteran X
Ok so i wake up this morning to play a little T:V before work. However as i begin refreshing the server list, i notice that they're all pinging well above 200...... I thought this to be quite strange, so i jumped in vent, and loaded up a webpage or two to test it out. Sure enough, it felt like i was on dial-up again :(

I did the basic troubleshooting that was offered by my "Not so helpful" tech-support this morning. (Bypassed the router, disabled my firewall, did full virus/spyware scans) all of which proved useless. it's now 11:15pm, and the issue has still not been resolved. They're sending someone to check out the problem tomorrow, but i have a match on thursday, and i have a sinking feeling that this won't be fixed by then.

They claim the lines are fine, and there are no issues with the junction at the moment. Just wondering if perhaps theres something i could do on my end to remedy this situation. Maybe i accidentally did something i wasn't supposed to? Given my inexperience with computers, this isn't at all an impossibility.

If anyone has experienced a similar situation, and has any advice, please let me know.

ctrl-alt-del, task manager, networking

go to view, select columns, and add in Bytes sent per interval, bytes received per interval, hit ok.

look at the number. if those numbers are high for some reason, that's bad.

also, i suggest doing a traceroute, or if you'd like, get Visualroute (google) and run that. do a traceroute to google or some other servers, or gaming servers even. see if you can narrow down where the problem is.

Back