Driving to Mexico

Rovero

Veteran XV
Que Pasa amigos.

I am going to drive my car across the border into and hopefully back from Mexico. Has anyone done this? Do I need a passport or anything?

PS I am going to have a Mexican with me and he may not be entirely legal.

I am going to drive the country and get down to southern Mexico. He is from there, and offered to come along as a translator. I have known him for 5 years and am not worried about his credibility. I am worried about the crooked cops which is why I am asking about the border situation.

Say goodbye to your friend.

Say goodbye to your car.

Say goodbye to your money.

Say goodbye to your freedom.

If you're going to resort areas you may do okay. If driving around the country, you may do okay.

Stay away from the border.

Good luck man, If you are white well don't get kidnapped. If you are driving into Mexico you will be walking home.

I've traveled in Mexico numerous times, its not worse than any other east asian country I've been to. I probably wouldn't drive my own vehicle in there, simply because its often just as efficient to travel by bus or train and I wouldn't have to worry about it getting ganked every time I turned my back. Just keep your wits about you and you'll have a memorable experience. Stay away form the touristed areas to really get a feel for the place. And as stated earlier, stay away from the border, thats where you are most likely to have an incident.

Its not really all that bad other than crazy drivers

1. Get mex insurance, those fuckers will bail you out of some shit

2. Use toll roads, they are made for tourists and you wont get into much trouble if you stay on them

3. Dont fuck with federales, they are kids with ,M-16's that dont find your jokes funny

4. If you get pulled over have your friend do the talking, once they hear someone who can actually communicate the cops tend to be far more realistic with you as far as punishment and fines. YOU ARENT IN AMERICA, THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO EXCERCISE YOUR RIGHT OR CALL OUT THE OPPRESIVE POLICE.

5. Treat everybody with respect and i dont think you will meet nicer people than those in Mexico

also, avoid rural areas and exploration, its really asking for trouble

Back