Donkey Kong Returns

Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Country 2 were absolutely awesome games. Pretty good gameplay, but what got it for me was how gorgeous/awesome sounding they were.

Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Country 2 were absolutely awesome games. Pretty good gameplay, but what got it for me was how gorgeous/awesome sounding they were.

Anyone seen the interview with the creator of mario, where he basically railed the creators of DK by saying that it was a worthless game, with no new gameplay elements, 0 innovation, collectibles that did nothing for you other than make you collect shit, and that the only reason it sold was because american audiences only need good graphics to like a game. He did this with the creators of DK sitting 2 feet away from him.

I can't say that I didn't love all the DK games when they came out, but I have to agree with everything Kojima said.

Anyone seen the interview with the creator of mario, where he basically railed the creators of DK by saying that it was a worthless game, with no new gameplay elements, 0 innovation, collectibles that did nothing for you other than make you collect shit, and that the only reason it sold was because american audiences only need good graphics to like a game. He did this with the creators of DK sitting 2 feet away from him.

I can't say that I didn't love all the DK games when they came out, but I have to agree with everything Kojima said.

There wasn't anything new, thats absoloutely correct. There doesn't NEED to be anything new for a game to be great though. Hell, look at most of blizzards stuff. It's just polished as hell and fun. DKC2 is still one of my very favorite games as far as visuals and audio go.

I assume you meant Miyamoto, right? In this, he is just wrong :\

the wii trend of making really sweet side scrollers is the greatest thing to come out of nintendo in years

There wasn't anything new, thats absoloutely correct. There doesn't NEED to be anything new for a game to be great though. Hell, look at most of blizzards stuff. It's just polished as hell and fun. DKC2 is still one of my very favorite games as far as visuals and audio go.

I assume you meant Miyamoto, right? In this, he is just wrong :\
DKC was an entirely mediocre game. Polish doesn't mean shit when the game just isn't that good.
I could go on about how bad many blizzard games are (excluding starcraft), but that's another issue.

Back