[D'oh!] So my TV Beta disc has no CD-key.

Mr_Unlucky

Veteran X
So, I got home today, and decided to install T:V on my main box. (I brought my tribes 1 & music box to the lan, because I didn't want something expensive stolen or broken. Thus, I didn't install T:V because there's not much point in playing it on a 550mhz/GF2.) When the install disc i burned asked me for my cd-key, I dutifully looked on the play disc sleeve for a sticker - only to discover it was as blank and white as my ass.

That's right folks, $350 dollars out the window! (Well, besides for a kickass lan party - but lets not bring that up in my rant, shall we?) :cry:

You can leave your condolences below, but I'm thinking about CTRL+King IRL, and may not read them.

Farewell cruel world!

Last edited:
Oh the ****ing irony.

At least I won a themaltake heatsink in the raffle!!!!!!!!... (attempting to cheer myself up from utter depression, lol!).

phone0.jpg

australia1.jpg

LostDuck said:
Some POS stole your CD-key?
No, man. There just isn't a cd-key on it at all, rofl!

I guess it was pretty stupid of me for not making sure I had everything I needed before I left the lan, but I figured the install RAR file and the play disc was all I needed.

Man I'm retarded, hah.

Mr_Unlucky said:
No, man. There just isn't a cd-key on it at all, rofl! I guess it was pretty stupid of me for not making sure I had everything I needed before I left the lan, but I figured the install RAR file and the play disc was all I needed.

Man I'm retarded, hah.
No, just ... ... unlucky ;)

Mr_Unlucky said:
No, man. There just isn't a cd-key on it at all, rofl! I guess it was pretty stupid of me for not making sure I had everything I needed before I left the lan, but I figured the install RAR file and the play disc was all I needed.

Man I'm retarded, hah.

You from West? Cuz the wife made double sure all had them on there. If you are from West...I guarantee you some :ftard: yanked it. :(

I don't remember seeing a cd-key on the back when I got it - I just assumed it was on the CD or something. I don't see any leftover glue or scuffed paper to indicate a sticker was ripped off....

Maybe it just fell off somewhere between LA and my house?

I think I'll just PM Thrax or Menzo - the worst they can do is say I can't get another one.

Last edited:
Mr_Unlucky said:
I don't remember seeing a cd-key on the back when I got it - I just assumed it was on the CD or something. I don't see any leftover glue or scuffed paper to indicate a sticker was ripped off....

Maybe it just fell off somewhere between LA and my house?

I think I'll just PM Thrax or Menzo - the worst they can do is say I can't get another one.
Menzo is on a press junket in a far away land right now, so I doubt you're going to be able to get a key from him.

Back