Dog went missing...

ferret said:
Alot of cats started dissapearing in my neighborhood for a few years. Then one day a passer by caught a Cambodian guy snapping the neck of a housecat. They estimated he got about 200 cats, including ours. Sad thing is, he didn't serve any time.

Just another reason we have stereotypes; they're often true.
I would find some way to personally punish that mother fucker for as long as I saw fit. Burn his house down. Hit with my truck. Anything I could do.

PS- That is such a great picture of Murphy.

Yep thats right. Shepards rule. My dog would never run away and not come back. I would have to be more worried about him being dog-napped because he is so dam good looking.

LostDuck said:
Actually pet stores (well the two I have been to) suggest not to use a tag with your name/address on it. License number only.

I thought it was odd and asked why...was cuz then it stops people from basically 'ransoming' the pet. "Yes Mr. John Doe...I have your dog and will be glad to return him...if the 'reward' amount is to my liking".

Man i wouldn't have believed this but, a coworker came in just last week and said they had lost their beagle puppy. Someone had found him and called two days later saying he wanted $500. from them to return it. Her husband decided to negotiate and gave the scum $200. !!!11 At first blush I'm all "no way! call the police." I don't know ... they wanted the dog safe, they didn't want gang trouble (all people involved are mexican, family and theif...).
I always keep a collar on my dog even though she doesn't run away. She's about 14 yrs old now, but my next pup I'm going to put a chip in her along with the coller. I think I'll still put my phone/addy on the collar... most people wouldn't be such dirtbags.

Last edited:
Back