Does your neighborhood put out luminaries?

ShutEye

Veteran X
ours does every year... almost forgot when i got back from school for semester break...

anyway we did ours last night... i really enjoy it... looks so awesome just driving around w/o headlights :]

edit... i captured these off of video we took drving around last night... quality is shitty so you might not get the idea (and definately not the full effect, but oh well

luminaries.jpg

Last edited:
luminaries? You mean christmas lights?

My parents neighborhood does, noone in my apt complex does. (except for one guy who put them in his window.)

Yes we do...it rocks..

They are candles that people put along the road/sidewalks. Usually with a white paper bag or a milk jug around it so the wind doesn't blow them out.

is that truly safe? maybe the pics make it seem less lit up than it is irl

first thing that comes to mind when i see those, is cult, i dunno why lol

T-Funk said:
is that truly safe? maybe the pics make it seem less lit up than it is irl

first thing that comes to mind when i see those, is cult, i dunno why lol

never had a fire

the bags have a coating on the inside, and the candles are held in place by sand

its awesome driving around in it... headlights off, just following the lights..

people do that occasionally, theyre nice :D

and i thought of that too luc.. luminaire was a fucking pimp ass spell

yeah my neighborhood has lotsa parks and shit like that and theyve always got that kind of thing goin on.

not in my neighborhood but at the big bell tower they surrounded it with them, and i found if u push in the side of the bag the candle will light that bag on fire, best luminaries ever

God my mom decided to through our old neighborhood on the way home from our friend's house... like 1 1/2 mile of street covered in candles, with probably 200 people wandering about like fucking morons and a bunch of senior citizens dressed up like Santa driving golf carts down the middle of the road.

Took 20 minutes to get in and out.

Back