Does everybody REALLY love raymond?

Risuli

Veteran XX
I just have to ask. This show has apparently been running for a number of years, seems to get alot of hype, yet the few episodes I've ever seen were very predictable sitcom fare. Hell, you could see the setups a mile away and the comic quips were all telegraphed before they are even spoken.

It just seems like comedy for those that "think" they have a sense of humor. It certainly isn't on the same page as Seinfeld. So, is it just me or does everybody really love Raymond?

No I wanna fuckin rip his head off.

I've only watched a few times, couldn't make it through a whole episode. Like you said it's so predictable, how could you laugh.

And I've known two people that loved that show, and they both had a really weak sense of humor.

Big Monkey said:
ive never thought seinfeld was funny

ever

Once or twice, for like one scene of an episode.

I thought that I was the only person who didn't find the show funny (everyone else seems to love it).

Thinking about it a little more, I'm even put off by the title...like its telling me that if I don't love Raymond there's something wrong with ME.

MADness said:
I don't love Raymond but I would fuck the shit out of his TV wife (Patricia Heaton).

:shrug:

yea? she is so bitchy and condescending in that role...

<sarcasm>
oh look smart somewhat good looking girl hooks up with inept male and treats him like he is stupid, hoooooooray for TV sitcom stereotyping. </sarcasm>

only sitcom I have ever watched more than once or twice was third rock from the sun, stupid alien teaching physics was funny in a weird kind of way but then again, I didn't watch that one very much either.

:spineyes:

the show's jokes are very predictable, and what's more, there isn't a hot teenage daughter which usually makes even the worst sitcom bearable.
his wife's alright but too old for my liking

every once in a while I get stuck watching it with the wife. Rays father is definatley the funnest on the show.

Back