Does anyone work at Whole Foods?

misfit

Contributor
Veteran XV
I am thinking about taking a chef position with them. I have talked to a few employees and they all love working there and claim is a great place to work. Fortune really likes them as a company as well.

Does anyone on TW work for wholefoods, or have in the past? How is it? Any info would be a great help, thanks.

Have not worked at whole foods, but I do enjoy their hot foods. I go there to eat more than I go there for groceries.

600px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union_1923.svg.png

a friend of mine runs the beer section (he selects and buys all the beers they sell) at one of the whole foods in washington dc. they're also apparently one of the highest selling beer sections in all the whole foods, so i guess he's doing a good job. he seems to like it, although there's always the random bs with having to run a section and cover shifts for slackers and such.

it's prob a bit more orderly on the kitchen side of things tho, since there's less direct interaction w/ customers.

i know two ppl that work there and they like it very much

things i know about whole foods:

-fair wages
-i think there used to be profit sharing (maybe there still is)
-health benefits
-some things are decided upon together by employees

It's the liberal drug testing policy.

Yeah the best drug policy is one that doesn't exist. Ohh and the fact that you can wear whatever you want within reason.

From what I have been lead to believe they pay very well. And pay for 100% of benefits.

Worked for 2 years at the Whole Foods in Baton Rouge.
Great place to work, very good benefits (free health insurance). Good paid time off policy. And the place smells good. Fresh Bakery Bread in the morning, produce section was always fantastic to walk through. There were in fact a lot of hippies.
Only beef I ever had was how hardcore vegan,green,...etc some of the employees there were. And to be honest, that's a pretty small thing to bitch about.
Oh and speaking of beef, the meat department is amazing.

Great place to work, very good benefits (free health insurance). Good paid time off policy. And the place smells good. Fresh Bakery Bread in the morning, produce section was always fantastic to walk through. There were in fact a lot of hippies.
Only beef I ever had was how hardcore vegan,green,...etc some of the employees there were. And to be honest, that's a pretty small thing to bitch about.
okay okay. and... what about the drug test.

Yeah they got some nice steaks. That's about the only reason I'll go into one. The deli section is not bad either.

Back