Does anyone know ANYTHING about another server release?

Karma Police

Veteran XV
I'm really getting sick of the performance on this thing... I just wanna know when the next revision of the server will be coming out...an eta... doesn't even have to be close... just something, anything... let me know someone is at least WORKING on this?!?!

Wholly crap, you're and ignorant tool.

They can't say anything about it because of the deal they have with VUG who writes their paychecks.

I've never heard of a developer who said "There will be a patch out on this day containing these features." They said they're working on a patch, so they're working on a patch. Quit worrying about it.

BitRaiser said:

They can't say anything about it because of the deal they have with VUG who writes their paychecks.

So VUG is who we blame for being pinheads killing their own product? (Silence makes it look like they've abandoned it, which means the community will be less inclined to support it.)

Like Karma Police, I don't need a date, just some confidence that any effort I put into making my server work isn't going for naught.

It would also be nice to see a list of acknowledged bugs (to avoid repetition in reporting them) and hear as they stomp out each one. Point releases with specific fixes would be gravy.

Alas, one of the bad things about commercial products is that the marketing guys horde all the appreciation to themselves by touting the fixes in a bundle, instead of letting the devs get the praise incrementally. (I've worked inside a corporation and have seen this ethic at work.)

BitRaiser said:

Do you have anything to back that statement up?

Yea, the posts by irritant and several other dev members that have already said in many other threads "We're working on one, we just can't say when yet"

CandyMan said:
Yea, the posts by irritant and several other dev members that have already said in many other threads "We're working on one, we just can't say when yet"
Where does their contract enter into that? What if the reason they can't tell is simply that they don't know when it will be ready?

Karma Police said:
because they don't know shazbot about developing a game... and because their e-penis shrink everytime some 12 y/o on TW insults them

don't talk shazbot about IG, ss2 owns the shazbot out of your prepubescent radiohead fanboy ass.

This thread is pathetic. They'll release a patch when they're done with it. Obviously they're going to make their best efforts to fix everything. It is the game they've been working on for a few YEARS. I'm pretty sure they're not just going to forget about it. Even if they gave a date, you'd still have to wait for that date to come so it doesn't matter much if they give one or don't give one. Chill out.

BitRaiser said:

I could sit here and correct your grammar and spelling for you, but you're just as ignorant so I doubt it would do any good.

Quit talking out of your ass.

At0m|c said:
This thread is pathetic. They'll release a patch when they're done with it. Obviously they're going to make their best efforts to fix everything. It is the game they've been working on for a few YEARS. I'm pretty sure they're not just going to forget about it. Even if they gave a date, you'd still have to wait for that date to come so it doesn't matter much if they give one or don't give one. Chill out.

You're right, NO dev team has EVER dropped support after working for years on a release.

IMO, VU doesn't want to admit fault with the game so they've shushed everybody. It's amazing how much 'insider' knowledge we got before the game released, and now they won't say an effing word about how they are going to continue to support their 'product'.

Hell, even Dave G gave updates on patch progress.

crying_baby.jpg

crying_baby.jpg

crying_baby.jpg

crying_baby.jpg

crying_baby.jpg

crying_baby.jpg

VIVENDI'S NOT TALKING TO US ANYMORE :CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY::CRY:

CandyMan said:

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335531

BTW, another problem with this stuff is that the support cost for a patch is very high, because of all the newbs who can't find the mouse button to click, let alone figure things out if the slightest thing goes wrong. So instead of releasing frequent small-bugfix patches for the clueful, they're forced to release monster patches very infrequently, preceded by lots of testing to avoid the "you broke my system" contingent.

Back