[DIY Stuff] Deskbot Lamp

Milk-Man

Veteran XX
Saw something like this recently and decided I needed to make one for my desk since I ain't paying the ridiculous price they want for them. Obviously you touch his penis to turn him on.

I plan to add circle magnets to the insides of the hands to hang stuff on soon.

rOkzdFE.jpg

FZk8yNj.jpg

wQbBkzg.jpg

Update:

- I had an old, unused USB LED strip which I ran from the foot to the hand to give a subtle glow as someone suggested. I may end up running it to the feet instead so that the green light can escape from gaps under his feet. I'll see how it looks when it's dark tonight.

- Rewired the light socket to sit deeper inside the head to reduce glare.

- Got an LED light bulb which reduces heat to almost nothing. The metal was getting really hot around his head and neck with a standard bulb.

- Placed a couple of old wine corks into his arm so pens wouldn't fall inside.

- In the stance pictured, he's actually quite stable. I'd have to really give it a push to knock him over. Doesn't move at all when you grab a pen, even if you're a puts and knock it hard.

dcrwphE.jpg

And as temp fix until I find something that will look cooler I added some aluminum tape to keep the light from blinding me.

TUbyuGk.jpg

wEGJe2M.jpg

I'll probably make it a metal grate so the light only escapes downward. Think 80's style sunglasses.

img-thing

Something like this would work well if I can find the right size

Ventilation grates - complete range

Last edited:
Hehehehehe

penis switch

What did you use for the bulb socket and how is it shielded from the rest of the metal?

It's just a mini socket with cardboard tube insulation. I also doubled up and used some electrical tape. I'll probably look for some kind of heat resistant resin to fill it with eventually, but for now this seems OK.

SO10025C.JPG

Also I want to look into a different type of socket that will take a pronged halogen, or even an LED

this is the same way they make the steampunk lamps.. i like the dick switch thats pretty funny. Been thinking about building an LED lamp to totally not use as a grow light. Still trying to find the best bang for the buck..

this is the same way they make the steampunk lamps.. i like the dick switch thats pretty funny. Been thinking about building an LED lamp to totally not use as a grow light. Still trying to find the best bang for the buck..

You want a wide array for that, the penetration isn't very good for LED or CFL so you've gotta keep it right over the top of any plants

yeh i know bro thats why im doing LED i saw some guy with a dimmer switch so he could switch from bright white to the red and blue for flowering. Seemed pretty cool and only about $80 in parts

It's just a mini socket with cardboard tube insulation. I also doubled up and used some electrical tape. I'll probably look for some kind of heat resistant resin to fill it with eventually, but for now this seems OK.

SO10025C.JPG

Also I want to look into a different type of socket that will take a pronged halogen, or even an LED

They make LED bulbs for those E12 candelabra bases.

By the way, do you have a parts list?

No parts list, but I did take a picture with the parts arranged from head to feet. It's all 3/4" fittings with a couple of reducers at the head,neck, and legs. All the material for this was about $85. It's not a cheap lamp, but it's something that will last you forever.

i51t6VM.jpg

eWLl17S.jpg

Last edited:
Back