Dinner Interview

-h!red-

Veteran X
I've got a dinner interview coming up here in a few days and I know the basics of what to do and not to do. They chose a place I'm unfamiliar with menu wise, Macaroni Grill, and was wondering if anyones ate there before and had any suggestions of what is easy to eat and good?

Also I was wondering if any of you TWer's have anything from personal experience that seemed to make a lasting impression or that you found sensible to do during a dinner interview other than the don't salt/pepper foods before you taste and not cleaning your plate etc.

macaroni grill is totally casual

even though you'll be coming in a suit, no need to worry about menu/etiquette at that place :p

It's right after they get off work so its suppose to be business casual (LOL at least thats what they told me). Knowing my luck they'll show up in suits like faggots.

Macaroni Grill has SHIT food.

Almost as shitty as Cheesecake Factory.

I actually like cheesecake factory for a chain when I'm somewhere I don't know well. Fried mac and cheese balls, some of their pastas, not too bad.

On the other hand, unless you live in the boonies, it seems sort of ghetto to go to macaroni grill for a dinner interview.

you sound stoked

like you really really want that job

I'm nervous because it's an interview situation I've never been in which is why it might sound like I'm not excited. I really do want the job though... great salary, quarterly bonuses, matching 401k, and awesome health/dental/vision insurance. I'm only 22 and its a company I could see myself with till I retire so I am really just tripping out atm that I could get the job.

I'm nervous because it's an interview situation I've never been in which is why it might sound like I'm not excited. I really do want the job though... great salary, quarterly bonuses, matching 401k, and awesome health/dental/vision insurance. I'm only 22 and its a company I could see myself with till I retire so I am really just tripping out atm that I could get the job.

You haven't worked a day in the office but already believe this is a company you can see yourself with until you retire?...Right

Dude lay off him, all his friends tell him it sounds sweet, and his parents think hes set for life now

they're checking to see if you have class or not.

this is demonstrated by how you act in a restaurant, if you know how to properly use a fork and knife to cut food, if you treat the servers kindly, etc.

the way people act in restaurants tells a lot about their character. good table manners are a hallmark of civilized behavior.

Buy a round of shooters as the first thing when you arrive, but don't be a pussy, order something hard to show them that you're a real man.

think what you want.

good manners matter in everything unless you don't mind being a slob with no class or character.

make sure you pull out his chair for him, and tell him you're the third of whatever your name is. example: Jimminy Legburn The III

think what you want.

good manners matter in everything unless you don't mind being a slob with no class or character.

"Yeah bob is a hell of engineer... shame he cant use his salad fork properly! what a goon! lets hire the effeminate Englishman, while dumb as a rock was born rich and learned all of these useless manners as a kid!"

Back