Did you build models as a kid?

I don't even know who Paul Wanker is.

Sold that AFX track about half the cost. Built from a shit load of 2nd hand bits. Used it for 6 months. Was fun during winter. Could race 4 cars at once.

som dood who thot he could do irl wat he did in movi lol

cliffs: tree vs ferrari
spoiler: tree wins

I built this about 4 years ago. I like doing terrain.

YDuYG4u.jpg

Pt1WQni.jpg

and I built this AFX (very small cars) slot car track.

AnYL48e.jpg

liOhgwZ.jpg

Very cool!

I used to have a friend who was really into model trains and had an entire room dedicated to his train setup. It was only 6 pieces of plywood (with extra sawhorses). He and his dad spent months building mountains and towns for this thing. I think it was really more his dad's thing than his, but it was very cool, lots of detail

mmm sooo inspiirre *sniff* *tearyface*... dis jus make me wanna do great things irl like warp drive, true ai, and kill all jews

Check this IRL attempt
https://katu.com/news/local/car-goes-off-i-405-bridge-in-portland-falls-100-feet-to-street-below
Car goes off I-405 bridge in Portland, falls 100 feet to street below

PORTLAND, Ore. — A car drove off the Interstate-405 bridge and fell into a parking lot below late Saturday night, according to Portland authorities.

The car fell onto NW 16 Avenue at Overton Street and caught fire after the crash. Portland Fire and Rescue estimated that the car dropped roughly 100 feet. Photos from Portland Police indicate that it partially landed on another vehicle.

Police said the driver was seriously injured. Firefighters extricated the driver and that person was then transported to a trauma hospital in critical care.

The northbound I-405 ramp to westbound Highway 30 was closed for a period of time overnight as authorities investigated.

9cad3074-a97a-4f19-9390-dc1bead364dd-jumbo16x9_I405crash1.JPG

They lived too. See if they can get it next time.

I used to have a friend who was really into model trains and had an entire room dedicated to his train setup. It was only 6 pieces of plywood (with extra sawhorses). He and his dad spent months building mountains and towns for this thing. I think it was really more his dad's thing than his, but it was very cool, lots of detail

I built something like that as a kid in a friends garage. We used plaster and polsteyere and stuff. It had army men on it. We eventually detonated explosive nail gun shells on it and observed from behind a sheet of perspex. There were bits of shit and dusty flying like real explosions. My friend copped some shrapnel in the shin. It was a great day.

The talk of AFX made me think of this:
Very nerdy but pretty cool...

As great as that is and all the effort put in.

It is still cheating and you would be disqualified, you cant cross a finish line from the opposite direction.

Otherwise I'm totally winning gold in the 400m track at the next Olympics

do we have guesstimate
My admonition is to let it go. You and I are attempting to pick a fight we have no chance of winning. There are better hills to die on.

My former boss has an entire basement devoted to his trains. I'm not going to bring his shit here for reasons that you know, but he has not just terrain and bonsai trees, but it's not just the Lionel H gauge stuff, he has a separate track where he can load the TVM express. He has done the moulding of the hills, 4 stations, 7 switches. It's fantastic, and he has a hat you can wear while running it all.

(Lemon: this is Greg, owner of Flying Feet.)

I can't remember how many 1000's of models i built from about 6 to 14 or so. Cars, planes, tanks, pretty much any and every model that could be bought. Back ye olden times, when you went to something like Toys-R-Us, there was a section of the store devoted to models. Any grocery store had at least half an aisle of models, pharmacies too.

My cousin sent a model of my first car. I've been waiting to put it together as i had no paints or anything. I went to hobby lobby last weekend and got a testors paint set, glue, brushes, etc.

I started painting last night....i am apparently not the modeler i once was. I was eyeballing a nice airbrush set at hobby lobby but it was like $200 and i don't know that im going to go balls deep back into model building again. If i were it would definitely be a purchase.

Anyone else used to or still build models?

Yeah, when not reading,
I used to do the model plastic naval vessels and aircraft. :clap:

Back