did FTM (fuck the mainland) ever hit #1 on OGL

I think what's being overlooked, and what felt like the real end of tribes to me back in the day was when some team let Khorne beat them.

Khorne ended up getting like #2 challenging from like #22, whatever team let Children of the Khorne into the top 10 is to blame for the end of tribes.

I just can't remember who it was. It was pretty legit top 10 still I think at that point, lots of retiring was happening, but still some good teams, then All off a sudden Khorne was #2.

Then someone raced to challenge them and they dropped to 3, and it kept happening, and the 10-25 flooded in at this point.

Help me out. Who was it? Does anyone remember?

edit: These are all fuzzy details and I was mainly following on predict it and various shoutcasts through the ordeal.

Last edited:
Has Beens easily took #1 sometimes in late 2001.
Most of the Has Beens didn't plan seriously for over a year at that point.

on TWL ... I think it was something like

HT
n$
-W-
n$
KoV
TBH

I think -69- may be in there.... then things broke down ... between E5, KoV and RR

ladder truly died after td showed up with all their hacker buds ... the admin of the ladder in charge of looking for cheaters played for td ... and whenever a demo of a td player tracking someone through a hill popped up she would always say ... oh thats a coincidence

gg tribes

fallenlords1.jpg

TRD remember u thought u were such an eceleb in heavy that you complained lights were "stalking" you, you were conc0ckting some pretty good fairy tails.

why didn't u keep to the master plan for 5150 and quit TW br0

Yeah that shot is from just after the ladder reset which is why there are a bunch of teams no one remembers up there. When they recreated the ladder the teams were just seeded in whatever order they rejoined the ladder.

Back