Dell Inspiron 600m v. Dell Latitude D610

MST3K-rules

Contributor
Veteran X
I have a 600m, or rather, had one, till it got damaged and broken to the point that it'd cost half the price of a new laptop to fix it.

I really liked the 600m and thought it was just the right weight and size for me to bring it to class every day (I take ALL my notes on my notebook), but I'm reluctant to just buy another since the graphics chip and other tech stuff hasn't really been updated in the time since I bought my last one.

The D610 line seems more up to date, but I'm wondering if it's heavier or less portable. Anyone have experience with these?

yeah, we use D610's almost exclusively at work for traveling employees since they've come out

great laptops, probably slightly better then the 600 in everyway, slightly updated case. The important part is it has a radeon x300 graphics card which makes CS:S and WoW playable with pretty good frames to boot

Wow, that sounds perfect. I don't intend to play the most up to date games on a laptop but the new videocard is probably the biggest feature difference between the D610 and the 600m that interested me.

The latitude seems to be more expensive because it's usually for businesses.

The main difference is Dell is currently running a 750 dollar coupon on all inspiron's purchased that cost over 2000 dollars. That makes a big price difference.

Hmmm, I really like the sound of the latitude though. Sounds like it has the power I want.

I just got a D610 at work to replace my 30 month old (and hence, EOL'd) C840.

Mind you I work at Dell and had my pick of the litter when it came to which laptop I wanted and I went with the D610. D410 is too small for my hands and the D810 is a massive desk-planted workstation that just so happens to pack up should you absolutely need to move it.

It was the right balance of weight, size, and power for me. I really like it and it plays WoW very well ;D

- D

Hmmmm, sounds pretty good. I'll probably end up with it, especially since I finally found some non-shit reviews that were really positive.

May wait a few weeks though to see if any coupons show up.

Thanks for the info.

Well all I know about Dell's are about the ones that my friends asked me to learn about to advise them when they were buying one. I ended up researching the Inspiron 6000, and it seems great to me. Power, Weight, and Price :shrug:

He got it for about 1300, and It has a brilliant 15.4" widescreen that is not too big and not too small, andit has some very functional hot buttons for media playing. It seems to be a good choice.

My 2 cents

Back