Dear Marweas: Thanks for fucking me over

lol, it says 48.0, but i get the same pings if i connect at 28.8 :p

i lucked out and found someone who was willing to dcc it to me

3% done and 7 hours 14 minutes left to go!

It's hard to believe that some vets can be ignorant to the fact that we can't all access broadband, and childish enough to insult other gamers for it. After years of providing a nice pub for us to enjoy, Cheater is still an hpb because of where he lives, and so am I. Peace!

If you are on dialup and don't have a dl manager, get one. Even with dl managers you will once in a while run into a problem, but they are mostly successful. There is freeware called Star Downloader that I have used successfully for getting files up to 100MB or more over a number of sessions.

Nonags has Star Downloader and others under the internet/download manager category, or you can just visit Star Downloader

yes, but my connection is unstable, so if i fall asleep i could get kicked offline 2 minutes later :/

xpdnc said:
yes, but my connection is unstable, so if i fall asleep i could get kicked offline 2 minutes later :/

It can be set up to redial and resume the download. It will even hang up and shut down your PC when it gets done.

"You bastards owe it to me to develop a new compression standard and put 80mb of update into a 10k file!"

I'm sure he's gonna change his whole agenda for a few bitchy modem humpers.. get a job and get some cable..

sLaM said:
Hey! The sounds aren't useless :(

they are when you're 56k and have no intention of ever playing tr2 :p

and dion, i have a job, but we don't get cable here

Cheater doesn't have cable either, should he get a job too?

yeah god damn you sierra you should have your patches revolve around the 3 gamers still on dialup, and not the 99% of the community on broadband!!!

SideSlash said:
where's the T2 re-rerelease

i thought it was supposed to come out this weekend

from what stores are telling me it's sitting whereever it was built, cause they aren't carrying it :p

187eagle said:
yeah god damn you sierra you should have your patches revolve around the 3 gamers still on dialup, and not the 99% of the community on broadband!!!

i paid just as much for the game as you, and i've done 100% more for the community than you, all while on dialup

i think i deserve the ability to obtain a patch that makes the game playable as much as someone that has access to broadband

You're a really lazy modemer if you can't dl an 80mb patch... I have 5.5gb of mp3s downloaded on 56k... not to mention all the other installers/patches I have. Let it go overnight, and don't whine.

Originally posted by xpdnc i think i deserve the ability to obtain a patch that makes the game playable as much as someone that has access to broadband

You have it. So your connection sucks, THAT IS NOT THEIR FAULT. What do you want them to do? Release patches in 2meg bursts that update single files? Make updates optional so you can play with 8 other people that refuse to download them? FFS, get a download manager, as many people have mentioned. GetRight was the shit when I had dialup, I downloaded 100MB+ demos from FilePlanet overnight all the time, no problems. Nothing they did is preventing you from getting the patch. There was no other solution to updating the files they did that was as practical or user-friendly. If 90% of the community has broadband, you base your updates around those people. Sucks for the 10%, but it's better than alienating the 90% or forcing them to download 50 different patches. And once again, it's not like that 10% is UNABLE to download, it just takes longer. That's called dialup.

as a 56ker, i'd have to say STFU to all you goddamn spoiled LPBs who are "wah"ing xpdnc.

i dont care if you work and pay for it yourself, you're still a spoiled bitch. you dont even know what its like to have to download something at a average speed of 5000 bytes a second. you may have had 56k in the past, but you clearly have forgotten it.

personally, i cant afford high speed. if i got a job, most of my part-time pay check would go to helping pay the rent. the rest would pay the phone bill, and the $20 monthly for 56k access.

i sympathize with Xpdnc. at about 20MB an hour max, i know what its like to wait 6 hours to play an HL mod, 5 hours to get the newest patch, 4 hours to download a new FPS demo...

not all of us can get high speed, and most of us have legit reasons other then "i dont want to get a job"

way to make fun of the handicapped.

Back