DDO Goes Free To Play

You get something like 25-75 free turbine points for every 100 favor points...

how do you redeem favor for turbine points? I once had an mail mysteriously appear in my mailbox with some points on it, but that's about the only 'free' turbine points I've ever received...

and as to the "pick 2"... it is pretty damn good. As per usual, TW seemed to pick this up in a hurry and put it straight back down just as fast (I just left "Blood Eagle" as I only ever ran into at most 2 other people from the thing on at the same time).. But it's a damn fun game, especially if you've ever delved into anything D&D related (such as NeverWinter Nights or any of the other games out there). My monk is just about at level 9 now, and is happily running around beating the snot out of fire giants..

Which reminds me.. I still have to pick up that next sigil to let me get level 9...

Last edited:
how do you redeem favor for turbine points? I once had an mail mysteriously appear in my mailbox with some points on it, but that's about the only 'free' turbine points I've ever received...
That's it, you just get an email saying that for earning X total favor you got some free points. You dont have to do anything, it gets added to your account automatically.

who do I message in-game for the guild, and has the server been down for the last day or what? It keeps telling me that it's closed.

I'm already in the beta, it's technically free to play now but they are implementing a newer system like a couple other free-to-play MMOs are doing, and that is paid extras. You can pay money to gain points you can use to buy extra adventures, classes, and races, which you don't absolutely need to play but extra perks to those who want to shell out money.

It's decent so far, definitely different from WoW and I could see it being more fun if you play with friends.

DDO was always a great game but it was never really worth the subscription price, I imagine it'll get pretty popular in the coming month. I'm not sure how the 'raid' content is, but the rest of the game is best experienced with a couple good friends. Plays out like a good multiplayer action RPG.

DDO was always a great game but it was never really worth the subscription price, I imagine it'll get pretty popular in the coming month. I'm not sure how the 'raid' content is, but the rest of the game is best experienced with a couple good friends. Plays out like a good multiplayer action RPG.
The one free raid that's available at mid-level can be ran by a random group of people, provided that there's at least one who knows wtf to do and can tell others what to do (preferrably over voip). Which is not asking much, I think.

Back