Daughtry - opinions please

Zear

Veteran XV
So I saw Daughtry on America's Got Talent last night, and I enjoyed the song they played. I had not heard of them before last night (I don't follow American Idol or pop radio).

Should I just go ahead and buy their album, or would that make me a tool?

Keep in mind, I'm not 'hardcore' when it comes to music. I tend to shy away from country, rap, and overly-pop music, but otherwise I enjoy anything that is well done. These guys sound like a 90's Seattle band to me.

Let's hear those opinions. I'm half expecting to be called a girlie man. Fire away, and please give me an honest opinion. Thanks.

they play that gay shit on espn for highlights before sportcenter

fuckin gayyyyyy

I watch American Idol and I still wouldn't buy his album.

But then again I don't like his music.

I love Daughtry's new album. It's fucking awesome. Couldn't care less what other people think of what I listen to.

you're a pussy if you need tribalwar's permission to listen to music

Who's asking permission? I just assumed that someone on TW has listened to new music since 2006. I sure haven't.

they play that gay shit on espn for highlights before sportcenter

fuckin gayyyyyy
why dont you buy some nickelback too while your at it, fag.

There's the TW I know and love.

Thanks for the input. I'm not constrained by the opinions of others, but they are still useful. I've decided to buy it and give it a spin. If I don't like it, I have two daughters who likely will.

Funny thing is, Chad Kroeger ( spelling? ) from Nickelback worked with Daughtry on a few of the tunes. Can't stand Nickelback, and I found it strange that Daughtry hooked up with him, but the songs he worked on them with are great.

He's got a good voice. If you like the music, my opinion is that you're a tool asking people's opinions about which music you should buy.

He's got a good voice. If you like the music, my opinion is that you're a tool asking people's opinions about which music you should buy.

I figured some here would have listened to more than just the one song and could provide a review-ish opinion, thus saving me the trouble of finding downloads of it. I momentarily forgot this was TW. I ended up buying something completely different when I got to the music store anyway.

Not familiar with anything other than his radio singles but the song he did on Americas Got Talent was good and he sang the shit out of it.

I like his stuff, and on the plus side, at least you know he's actually got some talent and not some pretentious asshole with a bunch of studio edit.

Back