Current use of T1 connections

Caswell

Veteran XX
I'm no expert on the subject, so I'm sure there is a point...but I don't see it. The local ADSL company (Telus) has two business internet options, 6.0/1.0 Mbps ADSL and T1 (1.5/1.5 Mbps obviously).

So why would you choose T1? Sure, upload is 50% faster...but download is 400% faster on ADSL. Is it a reliability thing?

I'm no expert on the subject, so I'm sure there is a point...but I don't see it. The local ADSL company (Telus) has two business internet options, 6.0/1.0 Mbps ADSL and T1 (1.5/1.5 Mbps obviously).

So why would you choose T1? Sure, upload is 50% faster...but download is 400% faster on ADSL. Is it a reliability thing?

I think latency is lower on T1 lines. But I'm no networking expert so I'll let someone else confirm or deny my suspicion.

also, a simple google search for "t1 vs dsl" provides you plenty of technical details on why a T1 is more expensive.

I hate the T1 here at work. My Comcast at home is so much faster, and more reliable.
Although as of late the T1 has been stable. But at 1st it was horrible.

When I first started working here they had cheapo DSL and were constantly having problems. I went through three different DSL providers before I finally convinced them to get a T1. I've had zero problems since. Low latency, high reliability. After many years we started to saturate that T1 regularly so I bound another T1 to it.

For well over 5 years now I've had ZERO problems and excellent performance with our net connection.

Back