CS:S Players? Help me =(

LOL Internet

Veteran XV
I am noticing that some maps in CS:S are really dark in places, particularly de_Train and de_Nuke. At first I thought it was just the way the map was made, but then I noticed in a video that these spots were much lighter for them.

My monitor's brightness is at 100, and when I go into the video settings in Source it has "adjust brightness levels" greyed out. Is there any console command I can use to get my brightness up, or any other fixes?

The video I was watching was Counter Strike Source- Return Of The Ajnin Movie

Thanks, and feel free to post a server IP if anyone wants to play.

there are a number of console commands.... atleast there were for the CS 1.6, some of them didn't make the transition to source... I used to know them all for 1.6 and earlier versions, but it's been a long time since I've played competitively, try searching google?

make sure your in game brightness is all the way up

also you can download Powerstrip and use a hotkey to turn your brightness up overall (in/our of game)

it helps worlds, wish it worked with my ATI card, in fact I probably wouldn't have even got one if I knew powerstrip didnt work for it

i suggest tweaking your config in the console or the .cfg file in a text editor before downloading powerstrip, it really can make a HUGE difference in lighting up the really dark spots.

i suggest tweaking your config in the console or the .cfg file in a text editor before downloading powerstrip, it really can make a HUGE difference in lighting up the really dark spots.

you don't even know any commands

what the fuck are you talking about

if his "mat_monitorgamma" is at 1.6 then that is as high as it will go without other tweaks

you don't even know any commands

what the fuck are you talking about

if his "mat_monitorgamma" is at 1.6 then that is as high as it will go without other tweaks

uggh i was feeling really lazy, but i'll dig them up JUST 'CAUSE!

hud_fastswitch 1
cl_bob 0
cl_bobup 0
gl_ztrick 1
gl_max_size "512"
lightgamma 0.1
brightness 3.5
gamma 5.0
fps_max 100
scr_conspeed 5000
con_color "255 155 50"
rate 15000
cl_latency -20
zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1.0
cl_dynamiccrosshair 0
cl_crosshaiscale 3883

... might want to make a text file, rename it autoexec.cfg copy and paste those commands, and place the autoexec.cfg in the same folder that has the config.cfg file in it.

uggh i was feeling really lazy, but i'll dig them up JUST 'CAUSE!

hud_fastswitch 1
cl_bob 0
cl_bobup 0
gl_ztrick 1
gl_max_size "512"
lightgamma 0.1
brightness 3.5
gamma 5.0
fps_max 100
scr_conspeed 5000
con_color "255 155 50"
rate 15000
cl_latency -20
zoom_sensitivity_ratio 1.0
cl_dynamiccrosshair 0
cl_crosshaiscale 3883

... might want to make a text file, rename it autoexec.cfg copy and paste those commands, and place the autoexec.cfg in the same folder that has the config.cfg file in it.
I wouldn't use half those

Back