Crater Released...

great map, but here are two suggestions:

1. Make the second base have its own spawnpoint.

2. Make the vertical corridor in the second base a bit larger, and have it be rounded, not square. Round = smoother play and less to get hooked on.

Rev_Night said:
great map, but here are two suggestions:

1. Make the second base have its own spawnpoint.

2. Make the vertical corridor in the second base a bit larger, and have it be rounded, not square. Round = smoother play and less to get hooked on.

Thanks for the comments...

The second tower DOES have it's own spawn points! You just can not choose to spawn there. It's randomized just as spawning in T2 was.

The second base was a redesigned version of the T2 tower on Titan. The size of the vertical passage through the base is that specific size for a reason. If the opening was larger, you would be able to spam the gen from outside the tower, and I did not want that to be possible.

I just had a little play around, and I'd agree - Tower 2 needs its own spawn. As a LD, randomly spawning there is a bit too far away from the flag.

I'm hoping to play this in MondayPUG (Oceania). I'll give some feedback, if I remember, after that.

Iriticus said:
I just had a little play around, and I'd agree - Tower 2 needs its own spawn. As a LD, randomly spawning there is a bit too far away from the flag.

I'm hoping to play this in MondayPUG (Oceania). I'll give some feedback, if I remember, after that.

Like I said, Tower 2 does in fact have spawn points, but you cannot choose to spawn there. Think Katabatic here. I am intentionally forcing this style of play. The distance between base 1 and 2 are probably more than half the distance of the 2 bases were on Kata. If you have difficulties getting to base 1 from 2, notice there is a ramp to pop you right up to tower 1. Or you can always respawn if you are lazy.

Once you guys play in a more competitive surrounding, you'll understand that base 1 is the primary base you need to be concerned with anyway unless your gen goes down.

Last edited:
Back