[Consoles] Which has the best movement thingy?

Rev. Zen

Veteran XV
Wii with the nunchuck thingy?

The xBox 360 with the Kinect thingy?

The PS3 with the Move thingy?

I am currently in the market for one of these consoles. I am leaning toward the PS3 since it has Blu Ray. Any reason why the xBox 360 or Wii would be better?

kinect even though I don't own one

they just seem far more popular than everything else

and I've heard that dancing game is pretty cool

People actually like this motion sensing shit?

I am getting it for my kids. I figure if they are going to run around and burn of energy (especially being stuck inside due to the Chicago snow), then at least they will be somewhat localized to the middle of the living room floor.

Is there any talk of the xBox 360 getting Blu Ray? It seems like the way to go except for the lack of Blu Ray...

Kinect doesn't work as well as originally demoed. They scaled it down and reduced the price in time for launch.

Wii was the original and it has some great games but most of the motion controlled stuff is party/sports crap.

PS3 has the edge because it has much of the technology as the Kinect due to the Playstation Eye camera, but it also has a physical controller which is pretty much necessary if you are going to be playing any hardcore games with motion controls. Unfortunately, there really aren't any good games for Playstation Move yet. Same goes with Kinect.

Wii has the best games for motion controls. PS3 has the best hardware plus a Blu-Ray player. If you're going to invest in a Blu-Ray player at some point regardless, you might as well get one that can play HD games as well. That's the way I looked at it and I ended up greatly enjoying the system.

I am getting it for my kids. I figure if they are going to run around and burn of energy (especially being stuck inside due to the Chicago snow), then at least they will be somewhat localized to the middle of the living room floor.

Is there any talk of the xBox 360 getting Blu Ray? It seems like the way to go except for the lack of Blu Ray...

yeah fuck taking your kids out to play in the snow or anything
:psyduck:

Kinect doesn't work as well as originally demoed. They scaled it down and reduced the price in time for launch.

Wii was the original and it has some great games but most of the motion controlled stuff is party/sports crap.

PS3 has the edge because it has much of the technology as the Kinect due to the Playstation Eye camera, but it also has a physical controller which is pretty much necessary if you are going to be playing any hardcore games with motion controls. Unfortunately, there really aren't any good games for Playstation Move yet. Same goes with Kinect.

Wii has the best games for motion controls. PS3 has the best hardware plus a Blu-Ray player. If you're going to invest in a Blu-Ray player at some point regardless, you might as well get one that can play HD games as well. That's the way I looked at it and I ended up greatly enjoying the system.

This.

The wii has run its course though.

PS3 has the most potential even though they have not made any games to live up to it.

Kinect is the most fun right now. It is a good system, but it will be limited (Like the wii) in the games that will be good on it.

I would wait and see what kind of games they come up with for kinect in the future.

I haven't played it yet, but it looks like it would be fun for an hour or so then collect dust along with my Wii.

PS3 has the edge because it has much of the technology as the Kinect due to the Playstation Eye camera, but it also has a physical controller which is pretty much necessary if you are going to be playing any hardcore games with motion controls.

:rofl: what a bunch of uninformed crap.

If you have a nice TV and don't have a Blu-ray player, then the PS3 is very tempting. That having been said, and an owner of both, the PS3 I don't game with. It is only used for movies. I have some good games for it, but most of the cross platform games just feel better on the 360.

So if the primary purpose is gaming, you are probably best off with the Xbox. A decent Blu-ray player is only a $100 these days - the price difference of an Xbox and PS3.

As for motion gaming. Kinect is a hit, and as a result is going to get a lot of games developed for it. Right now there are only a few decent games and they are 100% kinect, but MS promises games that use the Kinect in addition to a controller - Think FPS where you give out hand signals to teammates, or lean around corners. Kinect is the only one that can track full body motion. It is the only one where the initial cost is the whole cost. It is the only one that can (not in current games, but demonstrated in tech demos) do finger tracking.

The Move has casual games but is also trying to appeal to the hardcore gamer from launch. They worked the Move into some FPS games as the main controller. It was really gay looking. Since the Move sales have been unimpressive, expect less Move only games, and mostly games that can use the Move in place of the regular controller.

No need to get a wii now that all platforms have motion gameplay.

I may be biased because I bought a Kinect (on its way as we speak), but frankly I could have bought any of the three, and the Kinect was the only one that impressed me.

kinect even though I don't own one

they just seem far more popular than everything else

and I've heard that dancing game is pretty cool

I think the reason for that is, if other places were like Costco, they sold Xbox360s with kinect included. Sure the price came to be the same if you bought a base unit and the kinect separately but it is the feeling you get "getting something extra".

We sold out of the Xboxs within a couple of weeks prior to Christmas, and our PS3s and move units were still hanging out waiting to be sold. As to which one is better I don't know, but seemed like Microsoft had better marketing for the kinect.

I love my Wii, although I don't play it that often anymore. Since it's for your CHILDREN, I would say Wii. I doubt your kids will want a movement add-on to a console and then have to wait for good games to come out. Kids don't have much patience. Wii already has some good games, and they're not all party and sports games. Any of the Mario Wii games, for example. Mario Galaxy, etc... I enjoyed the Wii Zelda a lot when it came out (and I hate Zelda games), 007 was entertaining. Depending on the age of your kids, I'm sure you can find many games they'll love for Wii.

Also, get Wii fit for yourself.

kinect is VERY well done with games like dance central and the you fitness or whatever it is by ubisoft...has me thrilled with the potential and the planned update to the speed in the next dashboard. there is virtually no delay already in those games and the detail is pretty great.

Back