Company of Heroes

captaninsayno

Veteran X
What say you strategy buffs?

Sorry, i know this game is ofn, I just saw a couple of screenshots and it looks like a game I could really get into. It gives me the commandos/army men vibe while i'm aware that its far more deep strategically.

just looking for some fellow TWers opinions.

its too slow. it was always suppose to be a 1v1 RTS, very competitive/tactical/strategic, and it was alot of those things at release. at the time it modernized the genre in alot of ways, but all the RTS that have come out in the past 2-3 years make the flaws of CoH unbearable

also relic (lol). they spent 18+ months trying to balance the game, then before they even got it balanced they added two entirely new races with god something like 25+ new units.

anyways i played alot of this game...alot

I'm no RTS guru by any means, but I played CoH for a while and just didn't get into it. The AI is lame (though the Dawn of Skirmish guys improved it greatly if you get their mod), the units have basic rock-paper-scissors balancing (which some people enjoy), and the unit cap is really low.

Completely a matter of personal preference though. My brother and a couple friends love CoH and the expansion, I just can't see why.

Apparently it will be free shortly, so just wait it out.

Company Of Heroes Is Back! (Sort Of)

Company of Heroes Online in Glorious Motion

As a pleasant bonus, the game will include, also free of charge, the singleplayer campaign from the original Company of Heroes, which even four years on remains the pinnacle of real-time strategy in many people's eyes.

Oh, and if you're wondering whether this will be a sloppy port handled by an external studio, fear not: it's being handled by Relic, developers of the original (and Homeworld, and Dawn of War).

The multiplayer game could suck a suck for all I care. If the singleplayer game is free, that's the deal of the decade right there.

Last edited:
fear not: it's being handled by Relic

untruer words have never been said

I love a lot of things about their games, but Relic sucks balls at AI and unit balance. They are constantly outperformed by mod teams, working for free.

Back