Common Requests The Devs Choose To Ignore

JongyFong

Veteran X
There are certain changes the community seems to be screaming for that the Devs simply ignore, while they continue to make changes to aspects of the game previously not even brought up. These are issues that almost everyone is in total agreement of. Not major game breakers/game makers, but relevent topics none the less.

For example, I read several posts about changing the "Blood Eagle Flag" and "Imperial Generator" voiceovers to "YOUR TEAMS Flag" and "THE ENEMY'S Geverator", but now in the Demo we're still spammed with voice commands that have little to no importance and at times make it impossible to know the status of your flag.

Another example is the Pod. I don't know how many people said the damn thing is overpowered and annoying as hell, but in fact it got beefed up in the Demo. Its now even more of a spammers dream, and getting killed by that effing thing while you're capping/defending is frustrating as hell no matter who you are.

Meanwhile they decrease the range of the Sniper Rifle so now that on long snipes I get a little red 'splash' instead of a hit. Was ANYONE complaining that the Sniper Rifle had too much range??? I can literally see an IFF and spot an enemy, but I can't hit them for whatever dumbass reason. Maybe if it was handled better they would have given the Sniper Rifle a cushion of a few yards, so that it will hit a player who is 5 or so yards beyond visible distance just in case.

There are even more examples of issues that seem simple and obvious, but still get ignored...meanwhile apparent non-issues have been given a lot of attention.

Yeah having a voice say "Your team" instead of the name of your team is a real serious issue while speed hack detection freezes are non-issues that devs are wasting their time on...

Id like to be able to change the zoom level, without being zoomed in. Im fairly sure they said it would be implemented.

And the tab menu to vote and such needs to be like previous Tribes games. Its too confusing to vote. A vote to kick should also bring up a msg onscreen.

Emilee said:
And the tab menu to vote and such needs to be like previous Tribes games. Its too confusing to vote. A vote to kick should also bring up a msg onscreen.

It does bring up message onscreen, on the left side, in a smallish thin white font.

Love the new members that post shazbot and avoid the real issues. Instead of worring about the speech of the game there are still bugs that need to be taken care of.

From a Vets point of view *STFU MEMBER*

T2 vet

what the eff. game developers are game developers. they do what THEY think is right. you should be damn glad they even are listening to the community. i think their doing a great job and listening to OUR point of view alot more than practically any dev team ever..

I heard they have completely ignore requests for sex.. and that seems to be a common request :shrug:

but that's just what I heard, could be a rumor.

JackLuminous said:
It does bring up message onscreen, on the left side, in a smallish thin white font.

I know that part, I dont bother to look at who killed who.

Im talking about like when you MA someone, and its right on front of you.

JongyFong said:
Another example is the Pod. I don't know how many people said the damn thing is overpowered and annoying as hell, but in fact it got beefed up in the Demo. Its now even more of a spammers dream, and getting killed by that effing thing while you're capping/defending is frustrating as hell no matter who you are.

Too bad they didn't change anything about the pod. KP or some other dev even stated so. Any changes you are witnessing are imagined.

[Khorne]Johnny X said:
Too bad they didn't change anything about the pod. KP or some other dev even stated so. Any changes you are witnessing are imagined.

It's STILL overpowered. Especially in the hands of a skilled user.

starwolf_nexus said:
Love the new members that post shazbot and avoid the real issues. Instead of worring about the speech of the game there are still bugs that need to be taken care of.

From a Vets point of view *STFU MEMBER*

T2 vet
You're still a member, and always will be.

Reading one of your posts is about as painful as ripping my guts out of my anus while Dave G pokes my eyes out with a rusty spoon.

No Linux dedicated server. To be fair, Id is pretty late getting one out for Doom3. OTOH, Valve has had one for HL2 for several months. The only thing missing was the final content. UT2004 has had a ton of patches lately (3 official, but lots of "advanced admin only" patches) and the Linux and Mac binaries lag Win32 release usually by at most a week. I guess multiplayer just isn't that important to VU.

by the time the beta came open, they didnt' have a whole lot of time to put in new feature/balance requests, i think they were more along the lines of "lets make sure this game won't erase your C: drive" because they were pressed for time.

BloodyShark said:
It's STILL overpowered. Especially in the hands of a skilled user.

I said that quite a bit before, but they didn't listen so I decided to dedicate a little bit of time flying a pod.

can't beat 'em join 'em. :shrug:

[Khorne]Johnny X said:
I said that quite a bit before, but they didn't listen so I decided to dedicate a little bit of time flying a pod.

can't beat 'em join 'em. :shrug:

I'm doing this just to demonstrate how terribly overpowered they are.

Back