Comments on my new wallpaper...

NTDF-Alpha

Veteran X
1 week of work, 3D Studio Max mostly, but some stuff done in Photoshop.

link to DeviantArt page, since my personal webspace sucks ass (1600x1200):

http://www.deviantart.com/view/1342615

Comments are welcome, since I only got one on DA... I want to know where I can improve, so I'm turning to TribalWar... I know I'll probably get shredded, but oh well :)

8081.gif

?

stupid fucking liquid2k deleted all of their users and shit, i lost some good wallpapers i made :\

like my pink valentines tw wallpaper :(

Thanks for the comments... I'm thinking of doing more, with various shapes of celtic knots, all done with twisted wire... We'll see.

I agree... it doesnt look like wallpaper material, but it is a cool piece.

I dont think you should have gone for "wallpaper" and limited, or made yourself reach 1600 X 1200. I appreciate a good wallpaper every know and then, but that looks like it could have been much better had you just done it for art.

For instance, the guys over at www.breedart.org have digi-art releases. If the art is the dimension of your desktop, it's just a coincidence. They are just great digi-artists.

at any rate... good piece, the colors and lighting actually remind me of a few breed pieces. One thing: if you were going for more of a 3D piece, you may want to think about playing around and getting really good at highlighting. It looks like there is no definite light source... is it at the bottom? top? above? so it gives it a flat, 3-D look.

good piece though :)

Scuzzle said:
I agree... it doesnt look like wallpaper material, but it is a cool piece.

I dont think you should have gone for "wallpaper" and limited, or made yourself reach 1600 X 1200. I appreciate a good wallpaper every know and then, but that looks like it could have been much better had you just done it for art.

For instance, the guys over at www.breedart.org have digi-art releases. If the art is the dimension of your desktop, it's just a coincidence. They are just great digi-artists.

at any rate... good piece, the colors and lighting actually remind me of a few breed pieces. One thing: if you were going for more of a 3D piece, you may want to think about playing around and getting really good at highlighting. It looks like there is no definite light source... is it at the bottom? top? above? so it gives it a flat, 3-D look.

good piece though :)

Thanks for the input...
Yeah, I was considering making it just a normal piece of art, but I'm kind of partial to wallpaper, myself, but I am planning a normal piece of art using a celtic knot later on.

As for the lighting... yeah, I have multiple lights, mostly above, and one below with volumetric lighting for the fog... I kind of wanted it to look dull and worn, because it's supposed to be underwater... but I suppose you're right about needing highlights. I'll be sure to keep that in mind for my next work.

Thanks again :) I really apprecriate it!

Back