comfortable yearly income

poof

Veteran X
Just wondering TW's take on what yearly income they view as "comfortable"
80k? 6 figures? What yearly income do you people see as "making it" in this world

depends on where you live

You can get by on 75k a year in Texas but that would be peanuts in NYC or San Fran

Assuming I was single with no kids, I really don't see myself ever needing much more than ~$50k a year, then again I live in the lolsouth

depends on how much you waste on stupid shit

QFT

Technically, my wife and I live under the poverty line, or at least near it. But we're comfortable, and are saving around $700-1k every month, all while she's a full time student.

Ideally, once she's established in her field, she'll be making 40-60k or so, and I'll probably start in mine at $35k. We'll easily live off my salary, and hers will form the basis for a non-profit we want to start. It won't really matter how much we make more than 30k or so a year, it'll just be more we can give away.

i don't really give a fuck if i have a nice car/house, so i could probably be living single comfortably on 25k

140K is comfortable. I read a money book and the author agreed this is where things get good.

The problem with this thread, is we're going to have a bunch of single people come in here saying they can live on 25k. Yeah, if you're single.

Family = 150k
Single college kid = 50k

A family can live on 80K, but you break even at this point. Bills to run a house are 3-4k a month.

See the difference. The college kid thinks 50k is plenty, so they stay in the shitty service level jobs not realizing you will have a family one day.

If you daughter gets into horse jumping, then the sky is the limit. People at horse shows in Wellington Florida live in multi-million dollar homes, travel around the world, and have horses that are worth 6 figures. You need to be a professional making 200-300K or have some business that brings in millions to make it in this world. Was just at a show in Wellington Florida, the people live on the grounds for 3 months straight competing each week, even Modanna was there, she's going to be jumping. She's got a fancy trainer from the UK, and I'm sure the horse is worth 6 figures.

Last edited:
I think I would be happy with 75k a year. Bills paid, a little set aside, do what I want. Yeah, 75k would do it.

bills to run my house are just over 2400 a month, but I live in the midwest/south area...

140K is comfortable. I read a money book and the author agreed this is where things get good.

The problem with this thread, is we're going to have a bunch of single people come in here saying they can live on 25k. Yeah, if you're single.

Family = 150k
Single college kid = 50k

A family can live on 80K, but you break even at this point. Bills to run a house are 3-4k a month.

See the difference. The college kid thinks 50k is plenty, so they stay in the shitty service level jobs not realizing you will have a family one day.

If you daughter gets into horse jumping, then the sky is the limit. People at horse shows in Wellington Florida live in multi-million dollar homes, travel around the world going to shows, and have horses that are worth 6 figures.

Seems pretty easy to solve... Don't let your daughter get into horse jumping.

ngfm do you think that your daughters experience riding horses has helped her in her other activities (like riding other big black beasts with huge cocks)?

Seems pretty easy to solve... Don't let your daughter get into horse jumping.

Exactly, but you don't realize this as you go along, you can't see the future. Hindsite is 20/20. She started off riding at a western riding camp for fun on the weekends. Then we got a horse. She did barrel racing. Then moved to another barn that did English riding (shows), and from there it led to jumping. That's when things got expensive.

The answer is to encourage your little girl to play soccer or volley ball, doesn't cost much, and they can get a scholarship to college if they're good at it.

We let Ashley do the horse jumping stuff because it keeps her at the barn, and she stayed away from the thug life of the streets. So basically we do a rich person activity on a shoe string budget. It can be done, but it's very frustrating seeing all the rich people at the shows. That's why I keep saying "grad degree" from everyone asking what they should do in life. You either make bank in a profession, or run your own company with a good partner.

Last edited:
Back