Comcast employee's

Thumper

Veteran X
Any of you yahoo's work for Comcast?

WTF is up with their internet prices being so damn high?

I have Frontier DSL for $30 a month. 3MB down, 768KB up.

Comcast is $30 for the first 6 months then $60 for 12MB down, 2MB up

Plus they want to charge me a $100 installation fee for the tech to spend 15 minutes hooking up the modem, the line at the pedastal and then barreling the house feed to the ground line and saying, poof.

WTF, hook me up with some dealios!!

Just call in at the end of the first 6 months, and get their latest promotions. No contract extensions and they'll always hook you up. Just got to stay on top of when your current promotion ends.

Just call in at the end of the first 6 months, and get their latest promotions. No contract extensions and they'll always hook you up. Just got to stay on top of when your current promotion ends.

Mine ended a couple of months ago. Can't really afford to be paying so much for it right now. Think I could get any deals now if I say I'm just gonna cancel and go with somebody cheaper?

be willing to actually cancel if you do that. I'm almost to the point of switching to DTV if they don't drop my prices. I can get the same damn channels for 25% less if I go with DTV and they throw in a shit load of movie channels for a year.

yeah, Im about to move so canceling wouldn't be a biggie. Probably get my roommate to get comcast as a new customer when we get a new place if they don't hook me up. Just got one more month here so Ill wait a little while to see

Im more pissed about the $100 install fee. Everything is run, he will litterally have to make 3 connecttions. One at the modem, one at the box on the side of the house and one in the pedastal.

If he's there longer that 15 minutes, Comcast should fire him for being fucking stupid.

That being said, whats a good DSL modem?

Mine ended a couple of months ago. Can't really afford to be paying so much for it right now. Think I could get any deals now if I say I'm just gonna cancel and go with somebody cheaper?

First off, I don't work for comcast.

Call in and see what promotions they are currently running (i've no clue) and tell them you want it. Should be as simple as that.

As for the high cost of billing. Tell them that you cannot afford to pay the bill unless it can be lowered. Maybe mention the competition prices and comparison of service. It's not guaranteed they'll do anything, but I know that they'd rather have you stay with their service (and you continue to pay them) versus you going to another company and paying them. <-- This was told to me by a friend who DOES work at Comcast.

A friend of mine works in the legal department for comcast. She gets all the movie channels + dvr for $8 a month.

i pay those cunts like 140 a month but i have 2 hddvr boxes with the hbo package, gay comcast worthless phone service that i never use(but am stuck in a contract with), and the only good thing, 30Mbps down 15Mbps up internet

Talk to the retention dept.

I simply told them that I'm not getting the value out of the service for the price.. Been using that same line. 40% discount and some various goodies. Promos run 6 mos. Get one for internet for 6 then tv for 6 and repeat.

Price gouging. Plus Dtv is getting up their in price too .. but only after their initial switch over special new customer packages expire.

You pay $30 dollars for 3mb DSL and you're wondering why you're getting charged $60 for something that's 4 times as fast...?

Are you fucking retarded?

You can get a self install kit for internet which might make you stop being a crybaby about install costs. I mean how dare they charge you for sending a tech over to your house in his gas guzzling van who usually has to run wires and deal with some moron's broken PC because they don't pay him, for gas or for all of the people that organize the installs amirite?

bobsguidetotheapostroph.jpg

Back