[coffee creation] [inc reggs] machine vs press vs ?

I know a french press and good grinder will give me a pretty decent cup, but I was looking into getting a machine that could make me one at the push of a button. And pretend I have $150 to spend and dont mind spending it.

another thing is the beans. what should I look for when purchasing? are beans from coffee shops any good? how much should I buy at one time assuming I drink 1-2 cups a day? keep in the freezer? air tight bag in the freezer or dont bother? I saw on an old thread to grind the beans as course as possible, is this always true?

a coffee / expresso maker combo would be cool, but I dont want to neglect the quality of the coffee so forget it if it does.

thanks guys for the help

Taste for coffee is totally subjective. You just have to keep shopping around until you find one you like. Generally, you get what you pay for.

For example, I love Starbucks. However, many connoisseurs tell me that I am a moron with no taste buds, and that Starbucks burns their beans as a matter of policy in order to mask their lower quality. But I say fuck those guys, I'm drinking Starbucks. Buncha fags.

i work at Caribou Coffee, and ive been in the coffee biz for a while, (don't laugh) yes, the coarsest grind is french press. store it in an air-tight container, at room temp. buy a pound or two from your local coffee shop, get them to grind it on french press. Or grind it yourself, it'll be nice and fresh and use a burr grinder. storing it in the freezer or fridge causes the beans to condensate and the beans actually pick up flavors from whatever is in the fridge

also, you're better off just using the french press, i can't think of anything off hand that'll brew you a cup.. i mean you can just use a regular coffee maker and brew enough for one cup... or this is what i use: bodum

Get a Senseo if you aren't a huge coffee fag. Then buy a mypod and pick the coffee of your choice.

I absolutely love Starbuck's Arabian Mocha Sanani blend myself. I buy it in 1 lb pre ground for a drip machine. I then vacuum seal 75% of it and chuck it in the freezer. I have a cup every morning and it takes about 3 min to make from start to finish.

Back