Clark, Dean found soliciting donations from non-american sources

Jotaro

Banned
http://www.drudgereport.com/mattmo.htm

They are routing their funds through 3rd party orgs. You go to the campaign website, they tell you if you want to donate, folow the link here.

This is a flagrant violation of US law, but I expect no less. remember the clintons getting cash form the chinese?

Shit, Bush may be beholden to oil companies, but at least they are AMERICAN oil companies.

Yoda said:
Omg!!?!?!?!?! This Never Happens Holy Shit!!

oh please. if foriegn nationals were cutting checks to bush you would be foaming at the mouth.

well, moe foam than usual.

uh

how come your post implies that clark and dean are getting donations from non-americans

but your article implies that anti-bush organizations are getting donations from non-americans

??????????

not that i necessarily agree with anything related to current campaign financing, but it appears they aren't doing anything illegal...?

Jotaro said:
oh please. if foriegn nationals were cutting checks to bush you would be foaming at the mouth.

again

why do you continue to imply that the dean or clark campaigns are receiving funds from these 3rd party organizations?

Oh, please, Gigafool.

"Sorry, you can't financially support my campaign. You can, however, financially support an organization that supports my campaign."

Follow the money.

Liberal hippy --> front org --> Dean

Dean SAYS to funnel money this way. Do you really want foriegn money in American politics?

how do you intend to keep foreign money out of american politics?

and again, these organizations are not giving money directly to their campaigns, you stupid fucking idiot. There are specific laws against that.

Clark, Dean found soliciting donations from non-american sources

The evil Sith masters Enron & Halliburton have done well I see! Clouded is the mind of teh liberal!

GigaFool said:
again

why do you continue to imply that the dean or clark campaigns are receiving funds from these 3rd party organizations?

its basically just a middleman

dean/clark benefits just the same

who the fuck cares. bush is going to be re-elected anyway. they will catch osama bin laden during october 2004 to seal the deal.

I dont know why you're defending this. its not like you don't understand what's going on here. its quasi-legal, a loophole. the effect is the same.

i don't think he's defending it so much as pointing out that this is nothing new and most every politician has done this since it became necessary to do so.

feel free to point out where i'm defending this beyond suggesting what i thought was the obvious: that this is legal and done by every campaign that expects a decent shot at the polls.

all i took issue with was the misleading way the article was presented by the original poster. :shrug:

r->c->p?

Back