China first aircraft carrier in 2014 according to Japanese news

Blitzkrieg

Veteran XV
source of the news

You can obtain google translation, I'll provide cliffs

Cliffs: China got an old Soviet aircraft carrier that should start service soon, probably 2012.
China's own constructed aircraft carrier (probably based on the Soviet design) probably starts service in 2014.

Japan is concerned.

I am concerned about the 2 key on your keyboard.

I typed too fast. I really should slow down when I type here :(

I noticed it as soon as I clicked submit, read it, then edited quickly.

China was buying weapons from Soviet Union, but this is going to be their first built in China aircraft carrier. Combine with China advance in other areas, Japan's concern is justified.

And yet there are TW posters who think China would stomp us in a war.

of course they can. if we ever attacked them, they could just hit the master remote shut off switch for all of our aircraft carriers because the engines were made in china.

And yet there are TW posters who think China would stomp us in a war.

huh? where? can you give me url? Fighting a land war in Asia with China probably is not a good idea. I don't see how China can stomp USA in air and naval right now, perhaps close to China where China's land based air can assist in combat and overwhelm USA with sheer number.

of course they can. if we ever attacked them, they could just hit the master remote shut off switch for all of our aircraft carriers because the engines were made in china.

I assume that's sarcasm.

Very few countries in the world can make jet engines and aircraft carrier (especially some systems such as our launch catapult system on our carriers).

I haven't kept up but last time I checked, China still could not produce any decent jet engine yet. It's changing and China is improving. I believe China can retrofit some copycat SU-27 and other aircraft with more modern and better electronics to make them better than the original in that respect. Russia used to do a lot of military arms deal with china, not anymore as China learned to produce their own.

this has to be a troll

china_population_83.jpg

Back