Check out my new neighbors

Blank

Veteran X
abc7.com: 6 child sex offenders living together in Altadena, California; Some residents furious 2/27/08

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 ALTADENA (KABC) -- Some residents in Altadena are furious after learning that six violent child sex offenders are living in their neighborhood, and all under one roof.

Tuesday night, more than 200 residents gathered to ask local officials what they can do to get them out. The six men, all wearing ankle monitors, are living in the Meadows Community in the northwest part of the city.
The home is designated as a sober living facility.

Residents are worried because the home is less than the required 2,000 feet from a local park, which is a violation of Megan's Law.

"One way in and out. They have to pass the park, which is just like passing a liquor store to an alcoholic," said Altadena resident Daniel Duncan.

"They're violent sexual offenders who have done incredible things against children. This is just not going to happen on our watch," said Altadena resident Latrell Cottle-Moore.

Residents are now trying to set up a meeting with the state parole board, which monitors parolees.

In the meantime, the sheriff's department says it will step up patrols in the area.

they pled down to the charges they have now so I'm not sure what their initial charges were. 2 of them were convicted of rape, 4 of lewd acts w/children under 14. Their pics are all on the Megan's law website.

Everybody knows the justice system should be stronger on sex offenders because we hate them so much.

our sex offender laws are pretty fucking dumb. they all come about because of media shit. People don't want them living near them, anywhere near a school or 'public place of gathering'

when the reality of it is that most of the child sexual offenses occur within the family from somebody you already know

:picard:

our sex offender laws are pretty fucking dumb. they all come about because of media shit. People don't want them living near them, anywhere near a school or 'public place of gathering'

when the reality of it is that most of the child sexual offenses occur within the family from somebody you already know

:picard:
I'm just wondering why there is never the same outrage when people find out their neighbor is a reformed murderer or something.

I can use the internet to find every child molester in my town but people are just fine with not knowing where the child killers live.

I don't care who they violated Grief, I have a 1-year old girl and I don't want them near her. You lose your kid privileges with me once you diddle one.

Nah, I'm moving anyways...but I still feel bad for my neighbors who's home values will drop about 30% if it stays. I don't think it will given the secluded neighborhood that is in the National Forest and the fact that the road out of here goes past a park an 2 schools.

if they went to jail they paid thier dues so these rules are dumb

if we think pedos and such cant be rehabbed we should just execute them, so we dont have to pay for them to live in jail. If we think they cant be rehabbed why do we let them out?

Back