Changing Newsgroups.. European Choices?

h4rdluck

Veteran X
I have always had basic usenet access. I don't download much but usually am at 5-15 gigs a month. Long ago was on usenetserver...switched to fastusenet realize now they were both on same backbone (highwinds).

I don't download a lot and my connection is slow anyway with uverse (900k/s max)

I was wondering if anyone had better success with some European servers? Especially with newer material? If I stay on top of things and get what I want within a 12-24 hours window I can usually get it on highwinds, but if I miss hot new material my window is gone and I can't complete the files frequently.

Was wondering if certain European backbones are better for that type of material giving me a larger window to get movies/tv shows ect as I am not a power user and don't have auto download setup because I just don't need it.

looks like I can choose:
cambrium, elbracht, and xsnews backbones in europe...

any suggestions?

I think the ones based in the netherlands are best for avoiding dmca takedowns.

I use usenetserver and a forum that encrypts the names to avoid the above.

CT Town.ag started charging no?? I used to use it when you recommended it but the german niggas got smart

The only thing town did was make it where there files are only available on the usenet provider I listed due to take downs. The blocks for their provider are cheap so its not a big deal.

Back