chaingun

I can't believe I'm asking this, probably a question that would have been better asked years ago, but whateva...

How do you tell when you are hitting with your chaingun from long range? I have watched demos of players chaining players at absurd angles from very long range.

heh yes I suck, but I've never been able to get long-range chain down consistently :bigmouth:

play alot of dual mod helps cause there is a little beep when you hit someone.

The amount you have to lead with the chaingun can get a little crazy, but it works.

sammyrocks said:
I can't believe I'm asking this, probably a question that would have been better asked years ago, but whateva...

How do you tell when you are hitting with your chaingun from long range? I have watched demos of players chaining players at absurd angles from very long range.

heh yes I suck, but I've never been able to get long-range chain down consistently :bigmouth:

edit : it also depends on your reticle. if you dont use whatever reticle you have correctly you'll be way off... (mine are sweet, a dot grid for disc, and basically a square of dots for cg)

its a vid card issue, i can see the tracers all the way down the map basically...

Last edited:
practice on a night map like BF or SF - you can see your tracers much easier there.

Try shooting at teammates, since you'll get a notice when you hit them.

But just 'knowing' your reticle is key... I don't even have a reticle - just the default '+'

i guess its just if you're used to your CG with a certain ping, you get to know how you gotta lead for it at normal ranges...

so when im doing long range i guess what i think about (subconsciously) is how i need to apply that lead to longer ranges. More technically the subconscious thought includes the vector of the capper and the vector my bullets (and how my current vector affects the bullet vector) as applied to my reticle and ping on a given day.

For a little tip, i find that lots of times if i just stand still while i do long distance chain i get way more consistency. Sometimes its kinda freaky. I just shake my head and laugh when it happens cuz usually its rediculously long range and i'm not zooming.

Pretend ur in ww2 and u have a big stationary machine gun and ur chaining an airplane.

lots of great tips here...thx fellas

I'm still a little uncertain about how to know what is hitting and what isn't. Should I just break down and get chain sparks? I don't want to at all, but I just get the feeling that alot of guys know when they are hitting long range :(

sammyrocks said:

i luf you sammy :[

GodErnst said:
practice on a night map like BF or SF - you can see your tracers much easier there.

Try shooting at teammates, since you'll get a notice when you hit them.

But just 'knowing' your reticle is key... I don't even have a reticle - just the default '+'

:lol: i can see my tracers fine on bf, the only problem is i cant see other people

angle. if they're flying sky high i'll let up a bit on jet so all my CG bullets go downwards...and so are they...

say you're falling, then hit your jet. the second you stop vertical motion (going from falling to jetting up), if you start your CG right there it goes straight. then just adjust from there based on movement.

Back