[Cellular] T-Mobile opinions

KingDrew

Veteran X
I am currently a Sprint customer. The Sprint plan was fairly cheap but I've had a lot of problems with Sprint such as excessive dropped calls, not receiving incoming calls, can't make outgoing calls, etc. I've called Sprint and all they say is, "Sorry, do you have any other questions?" Decided to order from T-Mobile since I couldn't pass up their BlackBerry plan for $60 /mo with 1000 minutes, unlimited web, unlimited text, but no unlimited night/weekends. Currently have a BlackBerry 7130e and purchased the BlackBerry Pearl from T-Mobile. How is T-Mobile's coverage? Can most CSR's speak fluent English? Any problems?

Current (Sprint) Plan:
500 anytime minutes - $30 /mo
Unlimited night/weekends
Unlimited mobile to mobile
Unlimited text messaging - $7 /mo
Unlimited BlackBerry plan - $40 /mo
Corporate discount - 25%
Total after taxes ~ $70 /mo

T-Mobile plan:
1000 anytime minutes
No night/weekend minutes
No mobile to mobile
Unlimited BlackBerry plan
Unlimited text messaging
Total after taxes ~ $65

Any way I can receive any discounts?

wow... Uk really has it sorted compared to that...
the o2 plan im with is:
Free sony eric k800i, the jamesbond phone... got it bluetoothed up as my winamp remote the now :p
Free weekend calls to house/moible - Fair useage policy of 2000mins max applys
500 free minutes to any network/landline per month for duren the week
and 100 texts a month.
insurance.
for 41 pound a month.

My view on T-Mobile, Uk wise that is, there pretty crap. Was pay-as-you-go with them for 6 almost 7 years, same number, didnt cause them one bit of hassle etc.
And recieved nothing in return from them.

My mate after being with them for 3 months and only having put 20 quid into the phone in total was given 50 free texts and awarded a pound off his next 3 top ups or something for being a "Valued Customer"... f tmobile.

Last edited:
Well Sprint has been shit recently and I decided to give T-Mobile a try. Since May, I've submitted three or four complaints thru the BBB. Sprint never fails to fuck me over. Phone should be in tomorrow (hopefully). Had to call and verify my order for some reason =/. Anxious to try out the Pearl.

t-mobile u.s.
600 anytime/anywhere
nights/weekends free
tmobile to tmobile
unlimited tzones "fake internet"
50 bonus minutes for being a valued customer

~$60 a month depending on how many text messages I get. I really want the pearl too - will probably get it in a few months.

How long until you are considered a valued customer?

I really don't know. Mine randomly showed up after a few months and have had mine ever since (over 2 years ago). I think I only "used" them twice since I'm not too much of a talker.

I've liked t-mobile though. I seem to have fewer dropped calls than my sisters who have cingular and less phone problems than my friends with sprint :shrug: .

...also if I'm remember correctly I think one of my friends called customer service and asked about being a "valued customer" and the operator signed him up for it.

I just got T-Mobile after 4 horrible years with Cingular, the customer service is 10x better and I have the 39.99 My favs plan which is plenty for me. I haven't really had any major problems with service either.

So I'm gonna kick my parents off my plan, and the lowest plan I can get with Verizon is $45/mo for 450 minutes. night/weekends free, other Verizon customers free, $5 more for 250 txt messages, etc.

What kinds of plans/deals could I get with tmobile?
This looks like their rate listing. I can get almost double the minutes for the same price, and their packages seem better.

The only thing I don't know about is service -- My Verizon phone gets service where most of my friends' t-mobile phones don't. And that's another thing: I'd have to buy a new phone for this.

I currently have a BlackBerry 7130e and buying the Pearl as stated. Since the 7130e isn't but a couple of months old I'm just going to sell it on eBay and get a portion of the money back. T-Mobile has some decently priced phones that I saw, but some are ridiculously high. Going to pick up the phone tomorrow and will post opinions if wanted. Appreciate your opinions. My number is portable which was necessary =]. Was told that Verizon couldn't port it but I didn't check with them.

I've been with T-Mobile for over a year now. All in all i am very satisfied. I get great signal everywhere in Texas. There customer service is also very easy to convince that they're in the wrong and it's not your fault you used too many minutes. I got my account credited 300$ once already.

You're not too far from my place of residence. Only approximatly 100 miles or less. Plan on going to UNT in a couple of years after I finish PJC. The coverage map shows I'm in roaming coverage so I'll see how that works out tomorrow =]. Too damn impatient.

They do speak english

however, they have cancelled my service once. They didn't receive a check that was sent on the 29th, and cut it off. I called them and told them the check has been in the mail and they turned it back on.

so i don't know what to recommend, I'll have to see how it turns out. If they're going to be assholes, I'll probably get Verizon, since in LA/OC they have better service anyway.

edit: however, if you live in nowhere land (like kansas or parts of colorado, places where all you see are highway and empty land) T-Mobile is a little more reliable.

The Blackberry plans seem pretty good to me. I just wish that they had a better smartphone plan since I use an iMate Jam.
I wish I could get unlimited internet, email and maybe 200 minutes a month for $50. That would be pretty nice.
Unfortunately, I have to buy a $40'ish plan along with a $30 internet plan just to make full use of my phone. Bullshit. The other carriers are no better though.

I've been with T-Mobile for about 5 years and I'm on pre-paid right now. Good signal/service but Alltell was much better up in the boonies of Montana.

I have T-Mobile. I get dropped in one particular "dead zone" on my way between home and work, but otherwise I'm happy with their coverage/plan.

My friends are on T-Mobile as well, so I don't use more than like 200 minutes a month that aren't unlimited.

Overall, nothing super-positive or negative to say about them.

I have T-Mobile here in New jersey for 3 years now and Ive been always happy with them. Theres more dead spots in Jersey than say Verizon/Sprint, but as far as customer support and everything else, T-Mobile beats them hands down. And they are WAY more cheaper than any other service Ive seen, My plan right now is 1000 Familytime minutes for 2 phones @ 69.99, unlimited text messaging for 9.99, insurance for my phone because its the MDA @ 5.99 and i pay around $106 a month. A+++ WILL USE TMOBILE AGAIN

Back