[CARTOONS] Fuck, Now I KNOW I'm Old Like Yankee

xanthias

Contributor
Veteran XX
Well, godammit. That's the last straw. I don't 'get' most of the cartoons on now. I grew up on Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker, Tom & Jerry, etc. The cartoons I 'get' are the Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama and Family Guy. that's about it. All of the 'new stuff' like:

Inuyasha (or any other Japanimation or Anime)
ATHF
Harvey Birdman
Spongebob
etc.

I just don't understand. I mean I don't find it funny, it's hard to watch and I don't get any of the references. Fuck, I'm old. Well, off to wash down my Geritol with some rich, chocolaty Ovaltine.

Its because you dont have a goofy sense of humor. ATHF is awesome. Its all about culture.

ATHF and harvey bidman are great (I like birdman more though, the episode with the ticker had me rolling).

i think they suck also and I grew up on Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker, Tom & Jerry aswell

only im not old

sponge bob is gayer than gay

anime is gay as gay

adult swim originals are funny
except tom goes to the mayor
what the FUCK is up with that show

I also remember "Little Rascals" (on at 6 am when I was a kid) and I still think the Stooges are the shit (except Curley Joe--he sucked and I inherently knew even then he had a little sugar in his britches).

xanthias, try some Samurai Jack. Far and away the best original show on CN. They need to get on the fucking ball with DVD releases though :mad:

I'm liking all the new DC-inspired cartoons so far.
It's like they're trying to fight back the horrible invasion of japanese crap.

A little quote from Sam Register that I found illustrates the situation:
"I went to the Shonen Jump launch party in New York and it bummed me out that as an American kid who grew up reading comics and watching SuperFriends that we, as Americans, had lost our TV cartoon heroes. We had all these great superheroes and instead of American children being into them, they are watching Dragonball, Pokemon, and Yu-Gi-Oh. What happened to our superheroes for kids? Our legacy, our dynasty, our mythology - we lost our characters and were being beaten by the Japanese characters."

Last edited:
Gangrel said:
sponge bob is gayer than gay

anime is gay as gay

adult swim originals are funny
except tom goes to the mayor
what the FUCK is up with that show
Tom goes to the unfunny is fucking shit, so is super milk chan. Both need to be cancled and destroyed. RIGHT NOW.

xanthias said:
Well, godammit. That's the last straw. I don't 'get' most of the cartoons on now. I grew up on Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker, Tom & Jerry, etc. The cartoons I 'get' are the Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama and Family Guy. that's about it. All of the 'new stuff' like:

Inuyasha (or any other Japanimation or Anime)
ATHF
Harvey Birdman
Spongebob
etc.

I just don't understand. I mean I don't find it funny, it's hard to watch and I don't get any of the references. Fuck, I'm old. Well, off to wash down my Geritol with some rich, chocolaty Ovaltine.
I know how you feel.. and I am only 20. :(

Back