CARFAX Request - Toyota FOrunner

i owned a 4runner. they offer nothing but problems and SHITTY fuel economy

i owned an '02. i'm not the only one, i have two friends that had similar ones and had lots of problems as well.

and honestly the mpg sucks i averaged about 15.

though it was good for: 4wd on the sand; and my stereo system. the open trunk thing allowed for gobs of bass to flow through and vibrate your soul

and no, i am not high. sorry.

i owned an '02. i'm not the only one, i have two friends that had similar ones and had lots of problems as well.

and honestly the mpg sucks i averaged about 15.

though it was good for: 4wd on the sand; and my stereo system. the open trunk thing allowed for gobs of bass to flow through and vibrate your soul

and no, i am not high. sorry.

i want to trade my car for a truck, but we need to trade my wifes coupe for a kid carrier.

this is my compromise.

4runner reliability is better than just about any suv out there.

Wow.. Some of you are really stupid.

Oil is 100/barrel and is only projected to keep going up.

Why not?

Somehow my sister and I managed to get around in my father's Hyundai just fine.
I got around in a VW when I was a kid, but they didnt have comfy suvs then either. Calling someone stupid for buying a vehicle that fits his family/lifestyle is retarded.

You know you can just bolt kiddy car seats onto the roof of your wife's coupe and solve your problem, right?

I have had my 97 4runner for 8 years now, and love it. Very reliable with virtually no problems (antanna motor went out twice and that's IT). It only gets 20mpg but what do you expect for a truck-based SUV?

If i had a carfax i'd help you out, but no can do :(

Last edited:
Wow.. Some of you are really stupid.

Oil is 100/barrel and is only projected to keep going up.

And?

When we need to load up the family+dog+luggage+baby stuff+etc, it just isnt gonna be very comfy in a coupe (or sedan).

When I want to bring a new tv home from bestbuy, or some lumber from Home Depot, the tiny jap-mobiles arent gonna cut it.

Could we make a little 2-door car work? Sure. But its worth it to me to get a suv for the convenience, safety, and utility.

Now go drive your prius.

Back