Car Insurance

work as in pizza delivery or construction no.

work as in moderate use, maybe.

personal use should always be cheaper than anything commercial

The biggest factors (obviously) for car insurance rates are: Age & Driving record.

If you have tickets you're going to pay for it, especially if you're under the age of 25.

that is pricey...how old are you jislan? what's your driving record like? what insurance company is it through?

It is a "sports" car so that is probably why.

That ain't shit. I was quoted at around $850/month for a '98 BMW M3. I'm 19. Clean driving record, so far.

Jislan said:
a recent car insurance quote for a 2001 V6 manual Eclipse GT was $258 for me ;p

either you are taking max coverage or you are a horrible driver

personally car insurance is a ripoff and I would rather not take it but MA makes you take it.

my one year premium is $1375.00 ($115/month), thats with the lowest coverage possible, max security discounts, AAA discount, although I am a step 13 as opposed to step 9 (lowest).

Rave said:
That ain't shit. I was quoted at around $850/month for a '98 BMW M3. I'm 19. Clean driving record, so far.

$850 a month with a clean record?

maybe on a 3 or 4 month payment plan lol.

AgnoStick said:
either you are taking max coverage or you are a horrible driver

personally car insurance is a ripoff and I would rather not take it but MA makes you take it.

my one year premium is $1375.00 ($115/month), thats with the lowest coverage possible, max security discounts, AAA discount, although I am a step 13 as opposed to step 9 (lowest).
Insurance serves more purposes beyond simply covering the cost of your vehicle if it is wrecked. Don't forget the liability & property destruction.

I think it's that high for a number of reasons. First being that I have a ticket (driving w/o a license plate) and an accident (backed into a car at like 30 mph...) on my record. I've also been w/o car insurance for nearly a year because I sold my car right before I joined the military... also the fact that I'm in the military goes against me, or so I've been told, just because we're viewed as tards, which for the most part is actually true. ;)

Jislan said:
I think it's that high for a number of reasons. First being that I have a ticket (driving w/o a license plate) and an accident (backed into a car at like 30 mph...) on my record. I've also been w/o car insurance for nearly a year because I sold my car right before I joined the military... also the fact that I'm in the military goes against me, or so I've been told, just because we're viewed as tards, which for the most part is actually true. ;)
roflcopter

You backed into someone at 30mph? Dear lord what on earth were you thinking? Was this on a street or in a parking lot, or what? The points on your record are definately contributing to the cost of your coverage. How old are you though?

*ECK*|SpYdeR| said:
Insurance servers more purposes beyond simply covering the cost of your vehicle if it is wrecked. Don't forget the liability & property destruction.

Of course, but its insurance, not everybody takes all forms of insurance. If you feel you won't go hitting someone or causing an accident and you could cover something out of pocket if necessary then you don't need insurance.

Jislan said:
roflcopter.gif

You backed into someone at 30mph? Dear lord what on earth were you thinking? Was this on a street or in a parking lot, or what? The points on your record are definately contributing to the cost of your coverage. How old are you though?

i'm paying about $1300/yr in NYC for 100/300 liability only

edit: backing into someone at 30MPH: :rofl: :lol: :rofl: you fucking idiot

*ECK*|SpYdeR| said:
roflcopter

I used to fly out of parking spaces... bad habit. I was in my car doing something, and a guy parked behind me while I was in my car. I put the car in reverse and completely crumpled the front of his car. Was a shining moment for me. :) And I'm 26.

Jislan said:

Being in the military actually helps you.. you're viewed as being more responsible.. same with being married, having kids, ect... nevermind that in real life it may or may not pan out that way.

Back