[Car Gods] Changed Transmission, Power Steering Problems

|MrSniper|Nyx

Veteran X
Here is the situation: I changed (with the help of a "car-minded" buddy of mine) the automatic transmission on my 1990 Acura Integra, front-wheel drive. We successfully installed the transmission and the car runs, shifts, and drives in general; however, some seemingly unrelated problems have arrisen.

#1: The Power Steering Fluid Reserviour keeps losing alot of fluid, but there is no visible external leakage. This is scary because we can't tell where the fluid is going.

#2: The engine temperature gague is not working. This is probably due to some electrical wires that were pulled when we dropped the old transmission (didn't have it resting on the jack properly).

Overall the repair worked out, and I could care less about the temperature gague for now. What concerns me is the power steering problem. Is this something normal, abnormal, or unrelated to the transmission change? Could the pulled eletrical wires (there were two that are broken for sure, one to the oxygen sensor, and the other one is unknown).

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well the power steering fluid didn't go down this time I drove it, and the local mechanic said there was probably just air in the system. The check engine light still came on though :(. Maybe I'll run it up to the shop today and see what they can do.

the temp gauge thing should be easy, the wire is probably just pulled off (or broken) from the temp sensor (usually in the water neck). Thats pretty minor. The power steering thing i wouldnt worry about unless it keeps doing it... But then I have a habit of ignoring stuff :)

Back