Can't believe how low the pay is in the computer industry now

Zarick

Veteran X
Was just looking through the paper at jobs.. The same jobs that use to pay 70-80k now pay 40-50k in my area. It is just amazing how far down the pay scale they have gone.

Salaries may have come down a bit, but employers will hold on to the good people and give out extra perks to keep them.

How would you like 10.5 weeks of vacation (not including sick days)?

i can believe how it was too good to be true. everybody wanted in on it, and employers realized they could fork out a fuckload less cash and get the same talent. it's still a sought after field, but everybody and their kid brother can program or make web pages

vawlk said:
Salaries may have come down a bit, but employers will hold on to the good people and give out extra perks to keep them.

How would you like 10.5 weeks of vacation (not including sick days)?

All of this can be yours, unless you work in the IT field.

everybody and their dog is getting CS degrees, i'm guessing the pay will continue to drop and stabalize at about 80-85% of what it is now. that being said, talented programmers can still get awesome jobs (just like talented people in most fields)

I dunno I'm making more than I ever have, not including when I got paid OT all the time. Ahh, maybe including that who knows.

Not that my experience is indicative of the economy but I'm not complaining either.

60% of Google Employees became millionaires when the company went puclic....yum.

I'm probally going to be a CS major, but I have no intention of never working in the computer field, cus it is gheigh. Just gonna stay with CS to load up on logic, so I can rock the LSATs. Then Law school.

Back