[Canada] Our government is retarded

We just had an election, and the minority government wants to essentially throw out what went down in the election

No-confidence vote set for Dec. 8

Parliament is due to vote on a Liberal no-confidence motion on Dec. 8. If Harper's government were to lose a confidence vote, Dion would request that Jean approve the proposed plan to form a coalition government.

But the Governor General, who is currently on a state visit in Europe, could also decide to send Canadians to the polls for a second time in less than two months. The prime minister could also still block coalition efforts by proroguing Parliament, that is, suspending it without dissolving it.

Dion, who has been blamed by some for the Liberals' poor showing in the October election, had agreed to step down as party leader in May. However, in the hour-long meeting on Monday, Dion received support from all three Liberal MPs vying to replace him, Michael Ignatieff, Bob Rae and Dominic LeBlanc, the CBC's Susan Bonner reported from outside the House of Commons.
Liberals, NDP, Bloc sign deal on proposed coalition

I hate this country sometimes. This is fucking ridiculous.

I think its funny, but I like our system better because it keeps the politicians sharp, none of this guaranteed 4 years crap, if you suck you're out

Last edited:
i'm pretty speechless myself

anytime i think about this coalition stuff i just start getting mad and my head starts to hurt.

so i'll fight the urge to vent yet again and just bow out.

spaceballs.jpg

KEEP VOTING, ASSHOLES!

I'm really torn on this whole coalition government thing. Its sounds really great, get rid of the dummy by sleeping with your other enemies... but there are no precedent to tell me how it will work. Of course I have no choice in the matter, its hilarious to see that the guy getting elected in, suddenly turned on his ass in one night.

Mother Fucking Liberals/NDP/Bloc

This shit is bullshit

I'm gonna compaign for the conservatives if we gotta vote again and firebomb Layton's house

We just had an election, and the minority government wants to essentially throw out what went down in the election

I think it's pretty ridiculous that they won't just fucking work together instead of fighting over stupid bullshit. The conservatives basically did whatever the fuck the wanted through the end of the last parliament because the opposition didn't want to force an election, and the conservatives made every vote a confidence vote.

Now the tables are turned, and everyone is freaking out.

Honestly, i'd rather have a coalition in charge than harper, but it'd rather they'd all just fucking pull together, drop the partisan bullshit and concentrate on getting the stuff they all agree on through.

This is fucking insane.

I can't believe this shit

I think it is the first time i have ever agreed with pagy, i want to stab people

We had an election, and a majority of candians did not vote for harper. When/If his government is defeated, it is within the gov. gen's right to apply discretion and either call a vote (not bloody likely) or ask another party to lead.

I don't see how this is ridiculous. I think a lot of Canadians are unhappy with Harpers "canada is fine" attitude in regards to the economy, and frankly he's not a leader many canadians will defend. I sure wouldn't.

Essentially, this is the purpose of confidence votes in the first place... the Tory's had the chance to appease the other parties (and thus, the will of canadians) and they still have time....

we voted for harper and his conservatives, fuck off I dont want to goddamn vote every 2 fucking months...

fuck

Weren't the Tory's some 17th/18th(?) century English political party?

I know nothing of Canadian politics btw

instead of arguing i have a new proposition:

let's tie every single MP together, place them on an iceberg and push them out to sea.

The liberals are just being sore losers. They put forth perhaps the worst candidate they could have possibly chosen, are set to give him the boot in a couple months and now he is trying to weasel his way into power. Anyone who thinks that a coalition government will get ANYTHING done needs to get their head checked.

I can't blame the NDP for all this as this is likely the closest they will ever come to forming government.

Also, does anyone honestly think that whatever drop in the pot the liberal/ndp coalition plan to give the auto or forestry industries will do anything? There are much bigger problems to be worried about than throwing more money at shrinking industries. There are plenty of jobs in Canada, dumb fuckers are just too lazy to move out west.

The liberals are just being sore losers. They put forth perhaps the worst candidate they could have possibly chosen, are set to give him the boot in a couple months and now he is trying to weasel his way into power. Anyone who thinks that a coalition government will get ANYTHING done needs to get their head checked.

I can't blame the NDP for all this as this is likely the closest they will ever come to forming government.

Also, does anyone honestly think that whatever drop in the pot the liberal/ndp coalition plan to give the auto or forestry industries will do anything? There are much bigger problems to be worried about than throwing more money at shrinking industries. There are plenty of jobs in Canada, dumb fuckers are just too lazy to move out west.

I don't care whether they get anything done really, its not like anything is getting done now. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to future governments not to run their minority as if it were a majority

I don't care whether they get anything done really, its not like anything is getting done now. Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to future governments not to run their minority as if it were a majority

Nothings getting done because they're all acting like four year olds. They haven't even proposed a goddamn budget yet.

Back