[Canada]CRTC allows Bell to continue internet throttling

faceplantinc.jpg

-bell started throttling bittorrent traffic by bell sympatico customers during peak hours
-bell then started throttling all bittorrent traffic including traffic on their network from their whole sale customers during peak hours
-wholesalers whined to crtc
-crtc sides with bell

meanwhile only whining kids that hog bandwidth stealing movies and music are upset while the millions of other customers bell has maintain their service level.

Last edited:
you're surprised?

it's their infrastructure. if you don't like the terms of their agreements, you aren't forced to sign them.

getting governments to regulate how businesses should offer their services is completely retarded.

I'm not surprised and I didn't sign anything. I'm with aei which is a reseller. It still sucks.

meanwhile only whining kids that hog bandwidth stealing movies and music are upset while the millions of other customers bell has maintain their service level.
:rolleyes: I don't download anything and my internet randomly freezes and chokes up all the time because of their shitty-ass traffic shaping.

Bell is shitty, throttling is shitty, monopolies are shitty. Fuck off.

:rolleyes: I don't download anything and my internet randomly freezes and chokes up all the time because of their shitty-ass traffic shaping.
really, "traffic shaping" is doing that? Is that your diagnosis?

Bell is shitty
ofn
throttling is shitty
for people stealing music, yeah i imagine it is.
monopolies are shitty
go with cable
Fuck off.
i will not sir

i would be more pissed off about bandwidth limits than bell shitting all over torrents

oh well

TBH I have rogers and I have never passed the 60GB barrier. I download episodes/moves/game all the time...:shrug:

if i wanted more i could get the 10mb(from 7mb) package for an extra 10 bucks a month, thus far I havent seen the need.

except one is dsl and the other one is Cable (rogers)

My man, I get speeds of 900kb/s steady, with rogers. Been with them for over 7 years and never had internet issues. Had Bell at the office and it was the biggest piece of shit. They wouldn't even offer a high speed connection due to my "location". I'm in downtown Toronto dude, like I'm talking the main artery of downtown like Times square is to new york. When I wanted to upgrade to a faster connection they said all they could do is give me this WiMAX bullshit connection :rofl:

except one is dsl and the other one is Cable (rogers)

My man, I get speeds of 900kb/s steady, with rogers. Been with them for over 7 years and never had internet issues.
i've had rogers and bell.

rogers was shit at one apt, its awesome where i am now. bell was awesome at one place, and terribad at others.

your good experience really doesn't mean anything. i know people that can't hold a connection for an hour on rogers... and with bell... like i said they are all shitty and everything is situational.

Had Bell at the office and it was the biggest piece of shit. They wouldn't even offer a high speed connection due to my "location". I'm in downtown Toronto dude, like I'm talking the main artery of downtown like Times square is to new york.
do you know how dsl works? you dont live in the great spot you think you do or you're in a CO black hole. they aren't going to build a new co for you if there is no reason to so they have to lose the business. that's how dsl works.

When I wanted to upgrade to a faster connection they said all they could do is give me this WiMAX bullshit connection :rofl:
you mean they tried to offer you high speed over wimax instead of not trying to sell you something at all?!

what kind of whacky business are they trying to run!

Back