Can you mix priority and DKP?

Rho

Veteran XV
We're trying to do this in our guild, because we have some paladins who want azuresong and robes of volatile power. Is it wrong to say they have to take a back see to mages and locks on those items? We also have a paladin trying to get a Spinal Reaper and the Eshkander neck.

What we've done is set a priority list, but a few people are saying this is completely unfair.

Am I wrong on this one? Or are they just fucking lootwhores?

We're trying to do this in our guild, because we have some paladins who want azuresong and robes of volatile power. Is it wrong to say they have to take a back see to mages and locks on those items?

thank god i'm not alliance

paladins are fucking stupid

call them fucking morons

aurastone >>>>>> azuresong

robes of volatile power? kick them from the guild

**edit*
except holy spec paladins for the azuresong

There's no reason you can't put class limits on items. I'd /gkick any paladin that took Azuresong from a mage, and DEFINATELY for Spinal Reaper.

there's a screenshot i would really really like to post right now that i no longer have.

it features a paladin wearing a ton of his tier 1 epic set and a spinal reaper. it is captioned "DURRR WHATS MY ROLE? Yes, that's spinal reaper on a healadin."

actually, there's two screenshots. the second one features a paladin wielding sulfuras losing to a thrash blade-wielding rogue in a duel.

the point of raiding is to gear up the guild, not gear up loot whores. class priority is the way to go, period. if they don't like it, they can go join random_guild_03 that's trying to down lucifron friday night.

Paladins try to get obsidian and are told they are healbots and it is a warrior sword.

Paladins try to get mageblade and they are told they need a high DPS 2h, that is a caster sword.

Paladin is a hybrid class, almost every stat/modifier in the game is good for them, with the exception of +spell DAMAGE only items.

The rule in my guild used to be that a weapon had to drop twice before it could go to a "secondary" class. For instance a core tooth to a hunter or mageblade to a healer.

We realized this was unfair since we would essentially have to get like 8 weapon drops before pallies can get anything.

Now the rule is if the item is bid up past a certain amount it becomes class-only but every item begins as free for all. Only works in an open-bidding dkp system obviously.

we use pure DKP

obviously we only let classes roll on their set items, but other than that it's pretty much fair game, unless its obvious that a class shouldn't be rolling on an item (I tried to jew a Brutality Blade but they wouldn't let me :( )

the problem we have is that people are reluctant to pick up items and lose DKP, because they are all whoring points for the same item (ie. mage: SoD/Mageblade). So we almost DEd the Robe of Volatile Power because none of the faggot mages wanted to spend points on it.

fucking tards.

wait i guess the class priority thing isnt in there.

but use common sense and its obvious which should goto which class first

I think it's obvious, but our paladins don't. Certain things, like Wild Growth, Salamander Scale, and Aurastone make sense to me on a paladin. But they're moaning that they don't have equal shot as a mage at Robes of Volatile Power because of the spell crit. Same with Mageblade. We tried pure dkp, but we have pallies taking Eshkander's neck and Deathbringer(both over a fury warrior), and one was saving for Spinal Reaper, so we felt we had to put a priority on it to prevent a total meltdown. Then they went ballistic on the forums, calling for a new guild leader and crap. That was quickly put to rest (voting was anonnymous, but ironically it was 10 to 46, and we have 9 paladins).

I mean, I feel for the guys because the class set doesn't play to their most powerful ability (crit heals are free, lawbringer has no spellcrit). I understand the power of paladin healing as well, but when we finish a rag fight and the paladin in the MT heal group still has 80% mana without using any pots, I'm disinclined to say that they need to have even more mana back from their heals by putting them in a mage dress with not that much added to the heals when they can have Lawbringer instead. I am also sorry that retribution pallies get shafted out of nice 2 handers. But honestly, from a PvE standpoint, what good comes from a pally with an OEB or whatever.

You guys who do pure DKP, when someone tries to take an item that just isn't meant for them (say a warrior or shaman after perditions) and they're highest on the DKP, what do you do?

Rho said:
You guys who do pure DKP, when someone tries to take an item that just isn't meant for them (say a warrior or shaman after perditions) and they're highest on the DKP, what do you do?
Cry?

No one should be on pure DKP, because not everyone can be trusted to not be an idiot.

You are just handing out and conceptualizing loot entirely wrong. It sounds cliche but the guild should never reward players with loot, it should reward itself with loot. Giving those robes to a pally is the same as vendoring them, it will do jack shit for the guild. Good items must be distributed in a way such that the guild improves, otherwise what is the point?

Back