Can someone help me with a simple spanish phrase?

MST3K-rules

Contributor
Veteran X
My girlfriend is in Guatemala and I'm gonna use Skype to call her, but I know absolutely no Spanish and will need to at the very least regurgitate a few phrases from memory so the person knows who I want to talk to.

I should be able to handle saying my name, but I have no idea how to ask a question. Basically I just need to be able to say either Is Anna there? or Can I speak to Anna?

Any help anyone could provide (preferably written out in such a way that I could pronounce it well enough for the guy to know what I want) would be very appreciated. Thanks.

Hola (o-la) , Soy <insert your name here> se (say) hablar (ablar) a (ah) Anna por (poor) favor (fa-voor). Should be fine.

Dai Shinzo said:
Hola (o-la) , Soy <insert your name here> se (say) hablar (ablar) a (ah) Anna por (poor) favor (fa-voor). Should be fine.

hi, i am ___, it speak to Anna please

you probably don't want to do that one...

Could you give me the non phonetic version of yours, SniB?
Just want to make sure I understand what I'm saying. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

TKB|SniB said:
hi, i am ___, it speak to Anna please

you probably don't want to do that one...

As someone who dated a Peruvian and was around Spanish speaking people for the greater part of my life. Even butchered Spanish is completely understood to those who are fluent =p

p.s. mine is right.

Dai Shinzo said:
As someone who dated a Peruvian and was around Spanish speaking people for the greater part of my life. Even butchered Spanish is completely understood to those who are fluent =p

p.s. mine is right.

i figure he doesn't want to be laughed at

my relatives laugh at my spanish and i was born in guatemala

(i speak fluent spanish but they tell me i have an accent that sounds like english is my native language)

MST3K-rules said:
Could you give me the non phonetic version of yours, SniB?
Just want to make sure I understand what I'm saying. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

hola, puedo hablar con Anna por favor?

Okay cool. Thanks for all the help. Google was just not getting it done, and I don't trust the auto-translators much. I think I get it now.

EspoMan said:
This is the best one so far. Puedo abblar con Anna por-favor

the spelling mistakes were intentional

it's kind of hard to portray how the words should sound when an english person would read the real spelling in a very different way

MST3K-rules said:
Okay cool. Thanks for all the help. Google was just not getting it done, and I don't trust the auto-translators much. I think I get it now.

sure

break down:

hola = hi

puedo = can i, or i can (it depends on how you say it and the context)

hablar = speak

con = with

por favor = please

Back