Can anyone help me with on the fly data encryption for a USB drive?

Tatiyana

Veteran X
I just purchased an 8GB Kingston Data Traveler. It comes with nothing installed. Because it will hold confidential information related to my job, I need to install on the fly encryption software. I need to be able to use it on both Windows and Mac computers (work is all Mac). I looked at TrueCrypt, but I'm confused on whether I install it as a partition or a file container or in traveler mode or what, and whether or not I can go between OSs without needing to install on other systems.

Can anyone explain some of this to me? Should I install it as a file container on the drive, or as a complete system, or keep it in traveler mode? Or suggest a different program that's more intuitive?

Thank you.

Pity bump.

There were some encryption things posted recently but I can't remember exactly what they were. TrueCrypt was one of them though.

I use TrueCrypt for things like that. It installs as an application and I think you can do both containers and partitions, although I could be wrong.

I use TrueCrypt for things like that. It installs as an application and I think you can do both containers and partitions, although I could be wrong.

I believe so...but which do I need? I need the entire drive to be encrypted. And can I go back and forth between OSs without having to install the program on the Mac at work?

Back