Can anyone explain this to me?

Tatiyana

Veteran X
Radioshack is having a sale on SD memory cards, so I picked up a 2 gig card for $25. In my Kodak Easy share camera, my old 512MB card would take 48 minutes of video at 320 x 240 with nothing else on the card. My new 2.0 will only take 80 minutes at the same resolution with nothing on the card.

So the question is, why isn't it much more than 80 minutes? Given the 512 takes 48 minutes, I would expect a 1 gig to take nearly 80 minutes and the 2 gig to take near 160.

I actually needed the bigger card as I have to take about 90 minutes (or more) for a class assignment (I have to administer an IQ test, this particular test takes about 1.5 hours to complete). I figured the 2 gig would be more than sufficient to record more than that...but it seems it won't be able to.

Any reason for this?

has nothing to do with the shittyness of radio shack. the camera doesn't support 2gb cards (it sees it as 1gb).

or your camera only allows 80min of consecutive recording time. either way it's because of your camera, not the card.

it's not the camera or the card idiots.

The MultiMediaCard (MMC) is a flash memory memory card standard. Unveiled in 1997 by Siemens AG and SanDisk, it is based on Toshiba's NAND-based flash memory, and is therefore much smaller than earlier systems based on Intel NOR-based memory such as CompactFlash. MMC is about the size of a postage stamp: 24 mm x 32 mm x 1.4 mm. MMC originally used a 1-bit serial interface, but newer versions of the specification allow transfers of 4 or sometimes even 8 bits at a time. They have been more or less superseded by Secure Digital cards (SD card), but still see significant use because MMCs can be used in most devices which support SD cards and they are cheaper than SD cards. hahaha i can't believe you fags read this.

Back