Calling printer people

Caswell

Veteran XX
I need 11 x 17 laser printer. Trying to decide between:

HP 5200TN - $2270
Ricoh AP610N - $1995 + cost of 2nd tray ($500?)

If the manufacturers tell the truth, all the stats seem pretty equal. Our normal salesmen keeps talking down the HP, but I just found out he doesn't even sell HP.

Personally, I'm leaning HP. He have a lot of HP printers at work, and they've all worked good.

i'm trying to install the drivers on my HP3052 and in 45min i've gotten fucking nowhere

fuck this shit

Is it just taking "forever"? I had an officejet all in one do that. Kill the install and download just the driver package from HP all the "other" programs the full/express install wants to install are crap anyways.

We use HP and have had good luck. We sell higher end ricoh equipment and that shit is rock fucking solid

its a toss up

I have had the opposite experience at work. The Ricoh printer and copiers have been junk and the HP printers have been solid.

On the other hand the newer HP inkjet I purchased for home was a pain to install and a friend purchased another model and he never got it working.

I think it is a toss up also.

All inkjets are stupid.

Moving on, both Ricoh and HP should be about the same quality-wise. Remember HPs have a higher TCO than most other brands.

drivers off interweb, cuz the last time i tried installing it from the CD, it took legitimately 1hr 15min.

now it's refusing to even locate the printer :(

Is konica minolta not an option? Always thought their machines were solid, but have had little experience.

HP drivers are a little strange, I'll give them that. Our 42" plotter has issues from time to time, but they seem to work themselves out.

I've never worked with the large HPs but I know the Ricohs are very nice having hands on time with them. Not that exact model but a similar one. I'd go with the Ricoh.

1,000 pages...that's a high estimate for an average month. Well under the rating of almost any quality printer.

yeah, that is not many at all...

Do you have a copier in the office? For people that print so little we just have them print to our digital copiers (Which do up to 11x17).

Otherwise, I would say the HP is probably your best bet. Kyocera doesn't have anything that competes with it really (Low usage, large paper size)

yeah, that is not many at all...

Do you have a copier in the office? For people that print so little we just have them print to our digital copiers (Which do up to 11x17).

Otherwise, I would say the HP is probably your best bet. Kyocera doesn't have anything that competes with it really (Low usage, large paper size)

We have a copier for the office, but it isn't in my office...it's up half a flight of stairs. Ontop of that, we didn't buy the PC interface option...

All the votes seem to be pretty even. I'm leaning a bit towards HP...I like the HP salesmen, and the Ricoh salesman is an ass.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... Any salesman that pulled shit like that, I'd kick straight out the door.

my family owns a printing company and we resell pretty much every brand

depending on where youre located i might be able to get you a deal

i am in ohio

my family owns a printing company and we resell pretty much every brand

depending on where youre located i might be able to get you a deal

i am in ohio

I'm in Canada...BC to be exact. Shipping and duty would probably eat most of the savings you could give me. Thanks for the offer though.

Back