Calling all music critics [link]

[Stealth-RG-]

Veteran XV
Hey my band Truce has just finished recording 4 new songs. Tribalwar has been a good place for reviews so i thought i would ask for peoples opinion again. We recorded 4 songs, 3 of which are up online.

One is located here called "Drown your Doubts"
www.purevolume.com/truce

Two are located here called "Sunset Blvd" and "Patience is Waiting"
www.myspace.com/truce

Your sound is pretty tight, but it sounds like a lot of the music that's already out there. Sounds like it would be a pretty fun show if you guys can get people moving.

The sound is tight and well produced. Though I don't dig this style of music, I think it's right up there with the best of it's genre. The problem you guys might face is that this style of music is slowly heading out of the limelight. I really would suggest finding another element to your music, something that will help you stand out from this genre as it falls off the cliff of 'what's in' (so to speak)

Maybe it's a keyboard or some other intrument...maybe something structural in the songs, I don't know.

I just think you are far too close to the sound of other bands in this genre, it's hard to tell the difference from one to the next.

gl

Not bad. Not something I'd typically listen too but sounds very well put together. The vocals sound off compared to the music..like they were laid over the music too loud or something..not sure. Just sounds off a little. Not bad overall though.

Having listened to each only once.
I think overall you guys sound pretty good. Vocals seem a little weak but that might be the fault of production. I agree that it doesn't sound quite full enough. It's almost like you overthought the production and balanced out the levels of every insturment and the vocals so that nothing stands out, it all seems to be about the same volume and none of it quite loud enough.

I'm betting this stuff is pretty rocking live. Good stuff :bigthumb:

i only listened to part of "west of here." you guys sound like further seems forever before chris carraba left.

i prefer jason gleason.

While you're certainly not going to change the face of music or gain critical respect because you sound like every other pseudopunk boy band around, your songs are hooky enough and you can play your instruments well enough that you may attract the attention of some, smarmy, soulless major label A&R man. My guess is that's exactly what you're trying to do..that, and get laid, which you will, frequently.

Good luck with that.

I've said it before in other threads like this.

Innovate or die.

You guys all sound realtivly skilled on your respective instruments as is the case in most of these thread.. the big problem is everyone that has posted here lacks originality..

there is nothing that hooks me as being new and diffrent. Because this style is so prominent right now, it seems very cookie cutter.

innovate or die.

Back