California Sucks Change My Mind

I have a fun California story I remembered.

Before I lived in CA, as a teenager of about 14 or 15 I got a tour of the ZDTV studios by whoever the CEO was back then. It was in San Francisco, and this was before "things got bad." There were homeless, but no open needles, no human shit everywhere except the public parks sometimes. When the company van was driving around just said "Never live in San Francisco. This is an awful city to live in." And he was presumably wealthy.

Changed my plans, I thought it would be nice to work for Sega at the time. I saw Leo LaPort and that meathead sidekick guy he had near the end. Martian Sargent dropped clothes off at the van and seemed exactly as he did on TV. I got to shake his hand. ZDTV wasn't available in Sand Francisco at the time, so everyone on the shows was pretty comfortable not being recognized in public very often.

PG&E is asking customers frustrated by power shutoffs not to target its employees

anyone remember that scene in Indepence Day where they had to go on news and tell the Angelenos not to shoot at the aliens with their pistols?

entire State in this kind of shape now

no good deed goes unpunished here

California Town Requires Citizens to Secure Permits to Run Generators Amid PG&E Power Outages

seems simple enough

“Provide 2 copies of Manufacture’s Cut Sheets, the ATS/MTS for any Generator and Fuel Tank Source showing listings from Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory. As well as a Natural Gas Permit, Two copies of Gas Riser Diagrams and Gas Piping tests,” the permit says.

nm no it isn't

National File contacted the City of Lathrop to investigate if there were any provisions or expedited process made for emergencies. The Receptionist did not know of any, referred us to the Building Division.

Calls and emails to the head of the building department were not returned.

they were busy and their power was out too is my guess

With the PG&E shutoffs my husband and I looked into re-doing our generator transfer switch to power our whole house. We would need a new box and permit so the bid was $3,000.

I think I’d rather just spend $5,000 and buy a whole ass trailer I can shower in instead, thanks.

:rofl:

all by design lady

don't worry Gavin Gruesom's wife had a light show at the Sacramento capital (purple and gold like Lakers?) during this power outage to celebrate some other non-related event in History.

not even joking about that part either

this is fine, this is ok though, because my power didn't go out and I'm the only person inside my own head who matters (how 90% of Cali's think atm who are not planning an exodus)

power out, state on fire, first partner (since nobody will marry this retard) having an actual light show at State Capital

out of touch? nahhhhhh.......Kamala Harris is happy to be out of the State

never to call or return

BEGS NOT TO BE SENT HOME LIKE POOR BETO

You know Ca is going to charge and fine people for any water they used to protect their properties too :lol:

it might reeee u to know there a ton of parties going on in the cities while the burbs lost power

You know Ca is going to charge and fine people for any water they used to protect their properties too :lol:

it's a drought they scream

don't hurt the delta smelt

LOL

then their HOA will fine them for not putting out the fires

and hit them with blight charges for lowering property values for the rest of em

CALIFORNIA DREAMMMMMMMM

it might reeee u to know there a ton of parties going on in the cities while the burbs lost power

that's where all the action is (action being rape and murder and robbery)

people have this tendency to migrate like zombies

which is good because we point all our homeless back toward your direction

someone gotta feed the masses

i like how in LA u can ask anyone where they're from and they'll tell u some other place and if they're actually born there ppl are like 'whoa thats strange ru a unicorn'

iu

it's a drought they scream

don't hurt the delta smelt

LOL

then their HOA will fine them for not putting out the fires

and hit them with blight charges for lowering property values for the rest of em

CALIFORNIA DREAMMMMMMMM

GUYS WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A DROUGHT!!! THERE IS NOT ENOUGH WATER!!!!

proceeds to continue building multistory new apartments all hooked up with water

They wanted to drive the N Cali farming families out of the state to reclaim the land. It was straight up domestic state run warfare and terrorism

Was There Another Reason For Electricity Shutdowns In California? | Zero Hedge

Now consider how California’s power generation profile has changed. According to Energy Information Administration data, the state generated 74.3 percent of its electricity from traditional sources—fossil fuels and nuclear—in 2001. Hydroelectric, geothermal, and biomass-generated power accounted for most of the remaining 25.7 percent, with wind and solar providing only 1.98 percent of the total.

By 2018, the state’s renewable portfolio had jumped to 43.8 percent of total generation, with wind and solar now accounting for 17.9 percent of total generation. That’s a lot of power to depend on from inherently unreliable sources.

Thus, it would not be at all surprising to learn that PG&E didn’t stop delivering power out of fear of starting fires, but because it knew it wouldn’t have power to deliver once high winds shut down all those wind turbines.

interesting theory........didn't think of this one

Back