Cadillac questions

This is a picture of what my Caddy looks like...except mine has all the windows blacked out with 20" BBS Plasma rims.

3GYEK63N83G181594_1.jpg

Performance isn't at the top of the list. I just want something that can get out of the way when it needs to.

I drove the car at lunch and it's very sweet. Started right up, idled silently, and when I went WOT it didn't hesitate, made no strange noises, and didn't belch out smoke. Turns out the seller is the ex-assistant pro at my golf club and he's a super nice guy. He says he's had zero trouble with the car, and is selling so he can upgrade to a 2006 SRX.

I still want to have it inspected before I make an offer so if that turns out ok it looks like I'll be driving a caddy pretty soon :eek:.

CrazyLEG said:
This is a picture of what my Caddy looks like...except mine has all the windows blacked out with 20" BBS Plasma rims.

3GYEK63N83G181594_1.jpg

Thank you for having good taste in wheels. I respect a guy who puts BBS's on a truck. Seriously. Thank You.

ps. I have LM's on my Jetta now. :)

Core said:
Performance isn't at the top of the list. I just want something that can get out of the way when it needs to.

I drove the car at lunch and it's very sweet. Started right up, idled silently, and when I went WOT it didn't hesitate, made no strange noises, and didn't belch out smoke. Turns out the seller is the ex-assistant pro at my golf club and he's a super nice guy. He says he's had zero trouble with the car, and is selling so he can upgrade to a 2006 SRX.

I still want to have it inspected before I make an offer so if that turns out ok it looks like I'll be driving a caddy pretty soon :eek:.

He's getting a '06 SRX huh...sounds like someone got himself a family otw. haha (We considered getting the wife one of those when she got pregnant since I was so happy with my car)

Yep...I'm sure the thing has plenty of power for going when you need it to. Hope it works out for ya. :bigthumb:

Just for the record, LD wouldn't own his CTS-V if it wern't for me.

Yeah, just wanted to stick that out there.

Continue.

haha...I forgot who it was that talked about it. Actually yeah it was between your posts about test driving it and the sales guy and my wife pestering me to test drive it at the dealership (even though I didn't want to cuz I thought the regular CTS was ballsy enough and I didn't want to spend the extra 10k)

You're dad works for/or has a Caddy dealership right? (If I remember right)

LostDuck said:
haha...I forgot who it was that talked about it. Actually yeah it was between your posts about test driving it and the sales guy and my wife pestering me to test drive it at the dealership (even though I didn't want to cuz I thought the regular CTS was ballsy enough and I didn't want to spend the extra 10k)

You're dad works for/or has a Caddy dealership right? (If I remember right)

he had one, but sold it recently to move onto other things

Glad to see you're still enjoying it though!

So I told the guy I was serious about the car, even got him to come down $500 on the price. Then I asked him if he would mind if I took the car to a caddy dealer for diagnostics. He said he didn't mind the diagnostics but that he would take it since I wasn't insured to drive it w/o him in the car. No problem I say. This is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, gonna cost me $75. Then I get a call from him tonight and he tells me he's heard from an old friend that he hasn't seen in a year or so that is interested in the car and is coming to see it this weekend. He is going to give this guy the first shot at the car, and he hopes I understand. I tell him no problem, there's plenty of cars out there, let me know how it works out.

Doesn't it seem a bit odd that as soon as I ask for an inspection he comes up with this story? If he calls me back saying his buddy is willing to pay his full price, do I want to make a counter-offer, I'm going to tell him to go fuck himself. If he calls back and says his buddy wasn't interested and our negotiated price is still good, then I suppose it's all good, but I'm not paying a penny more.

Back