Buying a new desktop

Torgom

Veteran X
Recently my old desktop died and I need a new PC. It will be mainly used for gaming and was wondering if this was a good choice to buy for under a 1000 dollars. I already have a nice monitor.

FRYS.com*|*NZXT

thanks in advance.

Build your own. not hard. Watching a few youtube videos is time well spent vs. paying someone an extra few hundred dollars to do an hours work

Not a lot of difference between building your own and buying one these days. Back in the olden days, it used to be really expensive to buy one and the cheaper way was buying parts.

I think the main advantage would be you get to pick the parts that are important to you and skimp on what you want to skimp on

buying a prebuilt desktop just seems lazy to me

laptops of course what you gonna do but desktops? that can boot in an afternoon

I've built all my PCs prior to the one I bought from Die Hard. He charged me less than I could buy the parts for individually. I also picked out exactly what I wanted in it.

Not everyone knows how to build a PC, and if they do, they may not be up to date with newer hardware. Hell I build my PC's and have no clue what stuff's out nowadays.

Thanks for all the advice and help guys. I think I'll message him and see what he recommends.

I would try and build it but in all honesty I have no idea what the best parts would be for me to buy and if I can even get them under a 1000. I'll definitely look at both options and see what works.

Thanks again

i never understood people who use computers longer than a few years are so scared to build their own

its just a few parts you connect together. its not like your sodering shit or anything.

i have had issues in the past building my own.

bnuild pc...
something is wrong...
it is a faulty part and everyone says replace X part....
replace x part and it still dopnt work....
buy new different part... still dont work right.

i think it was like 3 pc's ago i had nightmares and even had guys who build Pc's for living take a look... it wasnt my fuck up it was shitty parts. i ended up spending way more then i should have on that build.... i started buying complete after that.

i do not want to fuk w thermal paste & paper thin mobo snappin when i seat cpu & shit im too retarded so i pick part & ask guy to build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you dont know look online for recommended builds... esp the cpu+mobo+ram combination. thats what i do.

and ya... it was trickier years ago. things seem to just work now.

Back