Building a computer thread#64220901

Another build-a-pc thread, yes. If you're sick of them ignore this thread.

It's been a few years since I built my last computer and I'm about to build another (for MW:2).

What's the best bang-for-your-buck price range these days? I'd like to stay around 500-800 bucks if possible, my brother bought a Dell like 3 years ago for this and his computer is tearing up MW:2 so I know I don't need to spend more than this.

ATI vs Nvidia....is there a particular card out that's head and shoulders above the competition (factoring in price)

Motherboard/Processor...what's the cheapest I can go in the processor department and not bottleneck in performance

Windows 7 vs XP

I know this is a subject a lot of people can help out with, help is appreciated.

go win7 and if you just dont want to buy it you dont need to since there are alot of prepackaged non activation/serial. Imo, ati/amd has been the slightly better performance/price ratio holder with some people having question about drivers (which Ive never run into). Make up your mind first on if you want ati, amd, intel, or nvdia. Then it is an easy choice looking at newegg.

I bought a refurb dell and put a new video card in (and PSU) and it has been great for gaming.

Here is the builds I am contemplating. In a excel file for your convenience.

2009 specs.xlsx

The objective with these 2 builds is have budget and gaming in mind w/ one build steered more budget than gaming but to include the intel i7 in the builds.

Back